Chapter 1

Emily's P.O.V

I was doing my annual, walk around for inspiration while listening to music thing. I was walking with my best friends Caroline, Elena, and Bonnie. We usually do this in June but I was gone, I had to visit some family in New York. So, we ended up doing it in November, which is fine but I missed the art festival though, and that's when we mainly do this little walk around thing.

"Hey, earth to Emily." Caroline said while waving her hand in my face.

Oh, yea I forgot to tell you my name. I'm Emily Summers. I moved to Mystic Falls about 2 years ago around the same time Damon and Stefan showed up. I live with Damon and Stefan Salvatore, they're kinda the only family I have left after my parents left me. Yes, they're Vampires. I know all about them including witches, werewolves, doppelgangers, you name it. You kinda have to when you live in Mystic Falls. Damon and Stefan are basically big brothers to me. Not to mention they're super protective. Damon always there for me and we have grown closer. Me and Stefan aren't has close, but we don't hate each other as well.

"Sorry what were you saying Caroline?" I said. Bonnie and Elena laughed shaking their heads.

"I was curious if you were having anymore of those weird dreams." Caroline said as we started walking back towards her car.

"What dreams?" Elena asked, while stopping in her tracks. Which made made me and Caroline stop and turn around to her and Bonnie. It started to rain.

"Hey, it's starting to rain. So, let's get to the car and I promise I will tell you Elena." I said and we all nodded in agreement. We got to the car, Caroline got in the driver's seat and Bonnie the the front passenger seat, leaving me and Elena in the back. Just as we got into the car it started to pour. We put on our seat belts and Caroline starting to drive towards the boarding house.

"Ok, so what are this 'dreams' you said you have been having." Elena said turning her whole body towards me which is difficult when you have a seatbelt on.

"It started when I was in New York, the night I checked into my hotel." I said and took a breathe. "I had just gotten to the hotel, I was checking in with the lady at the front. I was getting my wallet out and got my credit card out. Then I drop it, of course." I said with a little laugh "Anyway, there was a guy next to me, he saw that I drop something. He was such a gentleman and picked it up for me." I looked down and Elena took my hands and I started to smile at the thought of him. "Elena it's hard to describe what I felt when I was around him, but if I had to I would say trust maybe...I don't know. Elena I came back because I was there for two months and after I checked in I-I can't remember anything. All I know is when I left New York, I felt like a piece of me was gone." I said "That's why I didn't tell you. I was going to tell you, Damon, and Stefan yesterday but I didn't know how, so I told Bonnie and Caroline." I said looking down, I felt her hug me and I just laid there in her arms.

"What did this man look like?" Elena asked, I sighed.

"Before I answer that, there's one more thing Elena." I said while sitting back up and looked at her. "After I met him, he helped me to my room. He left my bags outside my door and then he was gone. So, of course I knew he was a vampire, I wasn't exactly shocked." I said. "I went to bed a few minutes later, my dream the one I have been having ever since I got back." I said and she nodded. "Well, I been having dreams about him. So, I sketched some of the faces that were in the dream as well as him. There are all at the house in my room, I will show them to you, but those dreams... they felt like memories." I said, felt one little tear roll down my face. Then I felt Elena's hand wipe it away with her thumb. I looked at her.

"Hey we will figure this out ok? Everything is going to be ok." She said rubbing my arm. "But, you should probably tell Damon and Stefan when we get home." She said.

"I was going to do that today anyways." I said.

"We're here." Caroline said while pulling up to the front door. Caroline, Bonnie, Elena, and I got out and I opened the front door. I placed my keys in the bowl at the door.

"I'm home!" I yelled so they would hear me, even though they probably already heard the door open. I saw Stefan walked up to Elena, he gave her a kiss then gave me a hug.

"I thought you guys would be out all day and then crash somewhere." Stefan said.

"Nope, I promise Elena I would show her something when I got home." I said while grabbing Elena's hand. She laughed and we said goodbye to Caroline and Bonnie. Then we ran up to my room. I saw Damon on my bed. "There you are." I said walking over to him. I saw him with my sketch book.

"These are amazing." Damon said. I thanked him and ripped it out of his hands, then I handed it to Elena.

"Wow, Emily these are really good. You did all of these and you say these guys where in your dreams also." Elena said. I nodded, then Damon looked at us confused.

"Wait, what dreams? Have you been having weird dreams. How could you not tell us." Damon said a little bit angry.

"I was going to tell you and Stefan whenever Elena is done looking at the drawings." I said looking back at Elena. She handed them back at me and told she had to check on Jer. I said goodbye and then she left. "STEFAN!" I yelled, he flashed into the room.

"What?" Stefan asked. I told Stefan and Damon to sit and they did. I handed Stefan my sketch book and told them about my weird dreams, as well as what happened in New York that summer. They asked a bunch of questions and I answered all them. I yawned a little and Damon noticed.

"Hey, how about you go to bed and we will talk more about this in the morning. But, please tell us if you have any more of this weird dreams, Kitten." Damon said pulling me into a hug and kissing the top of my head. I nodded and said goodnight to them both. I got in the shower and got dressed into my Batman Pj's. I climbed into bed and started falling asleep.

I heard someone walk into my room, I assumed it was Damon and he wanted to talk more about these dreams/memories. I just ignored him by putting the covers over my head. I just heard him just coming closer and closer. So, I pulled back the cover and sat up on my bed.

"Damon I really don't want to talk about it right now." I said while turning my head to face him, but it wasn't Damon. "Who are yo-" I said and he came at me. I fought him off until everything went black.