Chapter 31

Emily's P.O.V

We just left the hospital. The baby is perfectly healthy and Dr. Fell said I need to come back in a month. I kept noticing that Damon and Caroline were looking around carefully as we walked to the car. Stefan and me were talking and he kept in arm distance at all time, along with Damon. We got in the car and Damon drove us to that restaurant he was talking about earlier. We were all laughing as we walk inside the building. We walked in and the first thing I noticed is that Klaus and Kol were sitting at the bar. Rebekah walked over to her brothers and they turned around to face Rebekah. "Well so much for a family/friend day." I said and heard Damon chuckle. My arm was looped with Stefan, while Damon and Caroline were behind us. The waiter showed us to our booth and we sat down. Caroline and Stefan sat across from me and Damon.

"How did the Original family know we would be here?" Caroline asked. I laughed at the question and looked at Klaus and Kol talking to Rebekah, then turned back to face her.

"He's Klaus. Plus, I'm like a little sister to him. He's going to keep his eye on me as long as Elena's a threat and as long as I'm carrying this child." I said to her. "Plus he has been staring at you this whole time." I said and she looked at Klaus then rolled her eyes. I laughed and decided to go over there. "I'm going to go tell Klaus, I'm safe in the arms of Salvatore's and Miss Caroline Forbes." I said with a smile and Damon mouthed 'Thank you'. I rolled my eyes and started to walk over.

I walked over and sat next to Klaus at the bar. "How's my favorite Original family, Klaus?" I said and they all snapped their heads in my direction. Kol and Rebekah looked shocked, while Klaus wore a playful smirk on his face.

"Good. How the miracle child?" Klaus asked me and I looked at him like I was about to bitch slap him or something.

"Good. Why are you here? Because I know you know Damon, Stefan, AND Caroline will let nothing happen to me or this baby." I said sarcastically and he laughed then looked over to Damon who was staring at us.

"I just came because someone said you were leaving town. Plus I wanted to make sure Miss Gilbert didn't do anything to harm you." He said, then got up and stood over me. "Plus I miss you." He said and I smiled. I got up and gave him a hug. Which he returned.

"I miss you too." I said then pulled away and looked at the three of them. "Now if you will excuse me, I have to get back to a Friend Family Day with the three people who haven't betrayed me yet...since I got to this town." I said and looked at Klaus "Even though you guys haven't betrayed me either. You're welcome to stay...just let me have this day. Cause sometime I need a break from all the Original drama." I said and they nodded. I gave them a nod then walked back over to Damon, Stefan, and Caroline. I sat down and saw a coke then smiled.

"What did they want?" Damon asked and I looked at him then took a sip of my coke. I looked at Stefan who I knew was listening to the whole conversation.

"They just wanting to make sure Elena wasn't following us and that I was safe." I said and Stefan looked at me.

"Klaus also said he missed you." Stefan said and I smiled.

"I like you three as my bodyguards." They smiled and laughed. "Let's order I'm starving." I said.

"Agreed." The three of them said at once.

(Skip eating)

"Ready to go?" Damon asked and I nodded my head. Klaus ended staying the whole time I was there. Rebekah and Kol left a few minutes before the waitress brought out our food. We were about to walk out the door when I grabbed Stefan's arm. I looked at him and he nodded knowing what I was about to do. I ran over to Klaus and hugged him. I pulled away after a while.

"What's that for, love?" He asked laughing. I looked at him.

"I know what you think and what they think of you. But, I want you to know...You're not a monster. You're just scared everybody going to leave you." I said and he hugged me again. I returned the hug. We pulled away. "I've got to go Klaus. See you at home." I said and turned around to see Caroline and Damon were already in the car. Stefan was standing by the door waiting for me. He was smiling and I walked to him.

"What you just said made me look at Klaus differently." Stefan said and I turned to Klaus seeing him already staring at me. I turned to Stefan and smiled. "Let's go." He said and I nodded taking his hand. Then we left.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Klaus's P.O.V

I saw Emily leave with Stefan. I put a twenty on the counter then walked out. I followed their sent to the mall. I walked into the mall and stayed hidden in the crowd. I followed them until I felt someone next to me. I turned my head to see Stefan, he looked at me.

"You care about her don't you?" Stefan asked me and I turned my head to look at her and Caroline trying on cloths.

"I mean Caroline-" I said and he cut me off.

"I meant Emily, Klaus. You care about her don't you?" Stefan asked again. I looked at him and then looked at Emily. Only Emily. Damon was making her laugh and I smiled.

"Yea. She's kinda like the little sister I never had." I said and I felt Stefan look at me. I looked at him and he chuckled.

"That's not what I meant." He said then started to walk to the shop that they were in. He walked in and I heard her voice.

"Where the hell were you?" I heard Emily yell at Stefan and he laughed.

"Bathroom. Why?" Stefan said and she gave him a look. Then hit him in the arm, he held it and acted hurt.

"Don't ever leave me alone with them again." She said and I laughed. Emily went back to trying on cloths and I smiled. I started to walk away and think about Stefan said. I mean I knew she was safe and all, but I could get her out of my mind ever since I saw her again in Mystic Falls. Then it hit me...

I'm in love with Emily.