Chapter 7

Emily's P.O.V

I woke up with Elijah's arm wrapped around my waist. I felt his hand as he playing with my hair. He kissed my shoulder and then my neck. I turned around to face him. He kissed me instantly. Then my phone started buzzing. I ignored it at first but, then it got annoying so I picked it up to see it was Damon.

Damon: Can't wait to see you today

Emily: Can't wait to see you too.

Damon: Yea

Emily: So, Did Bonnie find anything?

Elijah got up and got ready, I saw him going downstairs.

Damon: Ok, now that Elijah's gone. I can tell you what the hell has been happening while you were gone.

Emily: Damon, what happened?

Damon: Klaus is in town.

Emily: What?!

Damon: Yup, He's here.

Emily: I leave for one day and all hell breaks loose.

Damon: Hey can we meet up at the grill around 2ish and talk about this some more

Emily: Yea, sure.

Damon: Ok, See you then.

Emily: See you soon Day.

Damon: See you soon, Kitten. Love ya.

Emily: Love ya too Damon, Bye

Damon: Bye.

I hung up, took a shower, got changed, packed up everything except my computer and phone, then went downstairs to Elijah.

"Look who's ready to leave me." Elijah said. I laughed and walked over to him. He held out a cup of coffee which I gladly took. I kissed him and sat down at the island bar in the kitchen.

"I'm not ready to leave you, I'm just happy to see Stefan and Damon again. Which reminds me we need to be at the grill at 2, to meet up with Damon." I said walking back over to him and he turned to me shaking his head while laughing. He leaned in and smiled into the kiss, so did I.

About a few minutes later me and Elijah got into his car and drove back to Mystic Falls. He drove straight to the Grill. We got out of the car, I left my stuff in there knowing I would come back and get it. I walked in with Elijah behind me. I saw Damon and smiled and he didn't notice I was there yet. Andy, Alaric, and Jenna were also there but I didn't pay any attention to them. Yesterday Elijah told me he meet Jenna and showed her around Mystic Falls.

"Hey Elijah." Jenna said as she walked into the grill. "Oh, hey sorry didn't see you there Emily." She said I didn't pay any attention to that last part I just smiled at her. I just saw Damon and his face lit up when he saw me, I smiled.

"Damon." I breathed out. "Damon!" I yelled and ran to into his arms. I was home and safer than ever. I hugged Damon as if my life depended on it. We stay like that for a while.

"I missed you so much." Damon whispered into my ear. I laughed a little.

"I missed you too, Day." I said hugging him tighter. Until we heard someone cough. We pulled away and saw Alaric. We all talked for a while, then Alaric had to go. Andy said that everybody should come for a dinner party. Damon said he would host, Jenna said she would cook. He invited Elijah and then I knew something was up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damon's P.O.V

I hated lying to Emily, she was like my little sister that I never had. I loved her so much and I knew I had to protect her from Elijah. I didn't care if he promised to protect her, no matter how many times he gave me his word, I had to protect her. She meant everything to me, if she ever died...I would lose it. She was my family...I had to protect her. We went to Elijah' car to get her bag, then we got in my car and went home.

"We're home" I yelled hoping Stefan and would hear. I put Emily's bag down near the door when we walked in.

"Hey Em." I heard Stefan say behind us. She hugged him then she saw Elena and hugged her too. Then we heard a knock at the door. I opened the door and the first thing that came out of my mouth was "Leave!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emily's P.O.V

I heard Damon yelled leave and snapped my head in his direction. I saw who he was looking at. He was looking at two men, one of them was tall, with long hair and brown eyes. The other one a little smaller than the taller one, he had dirty blonde hair and forest green eyes. He face lit up when he saw me. He smiled, I was confused, when he realized this, his smile turned into a frown.

"I said leave." Damon said more angry and protective. "She doesn't remember you guys, so there's no point in trying. Now leave and if I see you two anywhere even remotely near her. I will. Kill. You both." Damon said more protective than angry at this point. He slammed the door in their faces, then turn to me.

"What the hell was that about?!" I yelled, I have no idea why I just defended to people I've never met, but I just did and to Damon as well. I heard someone chuckle from outside. I walked over to the front door, and saw that they had not moved. The shorter one was the one laughing, I had to admit he was kinda cute.

"What are you two still doing here and why are you laughing?" I said looking at the shorter one. "Who the hell are you two anyway?" I asked furious.

"Oh sorry" the taller one said catching my attention. "I'm Sam and this is Dean. We are new in town." Sam said, he kinda looked like a Moose. When I looked at Dean again, he just looked hurt that I didn't remember him. I felt sorry but, I didn't remember them. Sam asked if they could come inside. I shook my head and moved out of there way. I showed them to the living room.

They came in and sat down on the couch. Damon and Stefan acts like these guys broke my heart or something the whole time Sam and Dean were here. Damon never left my side and Dean never took his eyes off Damon holding my hand. Dean growl a little, was he jealous.

"Why?" I asked and Dean eyes locked with mine.

"Why what?" Dean asked, I pulled my hand out of Damon's, Dean relaxed a little.

"Why do you care so much about me? And don't give 'it doesn't matter' crap." I heard him say something under his breath. "What?" I asked again. He looked at me or behind me I should say. I turn to see Elijah, he was standing right next to Stefan. I looked confused and turned to Damon, then back to Dean and Sam. "We're not done talking about this." I said and got up.

"Can't wait." I heard Dean say and I just ignored it. I walked over to Elijah and saw Dean and Sam leave with Damon. But the one question still running through my head was, why did my race like crazy when I saw Dean?

"Hey I just wanted to make sure you got home safe." Elijah said, I looked over to Stefan. I gave him one look and then Stefan said he had to take Elena home.

"Yea Elijah, I'm ok." I said while Stefan walked out of the living room with Elena.

"Are you sure, because you don't look ok." Elijah said, he looked concerned. I nodded and he kiss me on the forehead. "I will be back for dinner." he said, then he was gone.

I grabbed my bag from Damon and ran up to my room. I pulled out my phone and say on my bed. I went through my contacts, I found one that said 'Baby' with a red heart emoji next to it. I pressed it and it started to ring.

?: Hello?

Emily: Dean?