Chapter 27

Jack's P.O.V

I woke up on the couch to hear that everybody was in the kitchen. I sat up and turned to see that there was a food war going on between Elijah, Klaus, Emily, and Kol.

"No, Klaus you're supposed to be on my side." Emily yelled at Klaus.

"Sorry, love, but I'm afraid I'm not on your side." Klaus said as he threw flour at her.

"Traitor!" She yelled at him as I saw Elijah sneak up behind her. He grabbed her by the waist then spun her around. Emily screamed and yelled at him to let her go. He refused and I saw how happy she was here, with them and smiled. Then she saw I was awake. I looked at her and she looked at me. "I can explain." Emily said covered in flour and I walked into the kitchen, then walked over to the flour.

"Duck." I said and she smiled, then did what she was told. I threw flour at Elijah and he gave me a death stare. She ran over to me and we ducked behind the island counter. "The old team back together, again." I said and she laughed.

"Yea, I missed you Jack." Emily said.

"I missed you too." I said. Then we heard some yelling.

"What the hell is going on in here!" Rebekah yelled at her brothers. Me and Emily peeked our heads from out behind the counter.

"They started it and all I wanted was pancakes." Emily pouted at Rebekah. Rebekah came over and helped her up.

"Thanks sweetheart." I said to her as I got up from under the counter and she rolled her eyes at me.

"That girl's a liar." Kol said and we turned our heads to him.

"Well, I will take her word for it." She said. Elijah and Klaus laughed at Kol's comment. We walked over to the dinner table and sat down. "Now Emily you go get cleaned up while I deal with my brothers." Rebekah said to Emily. "You too pretty boy." She said to me and we laughed then walked up the stairs to get cleaned up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emily's P.O.V

Me and Jack made our way out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

"That was fun." I said to Jack as we walked up the stairs.

"Yea, until Rebekah ruined it. Plus, I think we were winning." Jack said and I laughed.

"Yea. Yea I think we were." I said to Jack and he laughed. We made our separate to the bathrooms in Klaus's and my room.

(Skip getting freshen up)

We walked out of the bedrooms and Jack looked at me.

"You're starting to show." He said looking down at my belly and I just smiled at him.

"I know." I said laughing as I walked towards him.

"Shall we" He said like a gentleman holding his arm out to me. I rolled my eyes playfully at him and walked up to him.

"We shall." I said looping my arm with his and we talked as we walked down the stairs. We walked down and was telling me he fought off some monster. I was laughing, when I realized we walked into the kitchen.

"Doctor Who?" Klaus asked and I looked at Jack, then at Elijah, then at Klaus. I looked at him with confidence.

"One of the oldest and most dangerous questions in the universe. Actually I take that back it's the oldest question in the universe." I said to Klaus as I walked towards the table and sat down and he looked at me.

"Do you know the answer?" He asked me and I heard Jack laugh at the question.

"Nobody knows the answer to that, Nic." I said to him and he looked at me. "Only the Doctor." I said and he looked at Elijah then back to me.

"How do you know this Doctor?" Elijah asked me and I looked down.

~Flashback~

"No, Doctor, you can't just leave me." I yelled at him grabbing his hand so he face me.

"I'm sorry but I can't drag you into this-this life I have." He said to me. He got free of my grip and walked back into the TARDIS. But before he did he said "I will see you again, I promise." And then he left.

~End of Flashback~

I felt one tear roll down my face and I looked at them. They saw me and I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Jack and smiled.

"Well, let's just say it's a long story on how I know him. Personal one too...but, if I didn't meet him I would have never have met Jack." I said turning to them with a smile and Jack smiled at me.

"Ok, then how about the fact that you're already starting to show." Rebekah said and Elijah laughed. I smiled and shook my head laughing.

"Only you, Rebekah, can change everybody's mood with one comment on how somebody looks." I said and she smiled. She walked over to me and hugged me.

"Tell, us when you're ready ok? Because the truth will come out sooner or later." She said pulling away for the hug and I nodded at her with a sad smile.

"If you don't mind me asking," Elijah said "You told me last night that everything wasn't going to be ok and that we had everything to fear. What did you mean?" He asked me and I looked down.

"Look, The Doctor has a lot of enemies. I met a few of them and now they're my enemies. So...I'm kinda of in hiding from them and The Doctor. If The Doctor finds me, they find me but when Jack showed up...I realized that if he can find me, so can The Doctor. Trust me I don't plan to leave you and your family anytime soon." I snapped at him. "Sorry, long day." Elijah came up to me and hugged me, I hugged back.

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you." Elijah said rubbing my back and then he kissed the top of my head. I just wanted to stay there in Elijah's arms...where I was happy...and...

...Safe