Sacrifice

"It's too late now Izaya" you pass by him. Barely you're holding tears back, but you don't want him to see you sobbing.

what was that all about? You don't want to fall for another trick of his, you wouldn't be able to handle it...why wouldn't you be able to handle it?

"I don't understand" the sky is brighten up by the moon which is accompanied by the stars. For a moment it seems like everything begin to slip away.

You don't understand what is he doing to you, not anymore. Like somehow he got into your subconscious and you cam do nothing about it.

M-maybe I shouldn't say that? scared...scared that it migh ended happily if you hadn't said that...but more than scared you're terrified that it would be another act of his which would break you. Once again you rather listen to your mind, since your heart is confused.

Eventually you aren't able to hold it back...one by one tears begin to drop down your face. Quietly you're sobbing suppressing your sorrow. People were carelessly passing by, some ignoring it, some curiously glancing. You took a turn, walking down the dull street. There's a quiet spot where you stop to calm down. But instead, instead you burst into tears. He finally broke you....

"[f/n]?" with half open eyes you barely glance at the person which is next to you. Shizuo seems surprised, more like shock to see you in tears, weak and devastated.

"What happened?" he isn't sure what to do. He pulls you into his hug, rubbing your head.

"you don't have to hide your emotions" His heart is beating in slow tempo while his tone reveales genuine concern.

"T-thank you..." still shaking from the stress and strong emotions which overflow you after years.

"what happened?" again Shizuo trys to get something out of you, this time taking it nice and slowly.

"What do I do now?"

"huh?" he seems surprised at your sudden question.

"....what do I do now?..." you whisper to yourself.

"w-what?" he sees it, he saw it in your eyes. That shade of sadness, which indicates lost and defeat.

"why do I care about him...why do I care?.." in frustration tears flow down your face. Shizuo blankly stares at distance. He can't believe it, he can't believe his ears. He knows well about who you're talking about.

"he is dead. He is so dead" Angrily mumbles Shizuo.

"Don't. Don't do anything stupid" slightly you smile looking up to him.

"I won't let him to get away with this" he looks away more annoyed than mad.

"don't or I won't forgive you" his eyes widen in his disbelief, when you let go of him lighting up a cigarette.

"the hell is with you?" he mumbles sticking hands into pockets.

Indeed what is up with you?
carelessly you leave him behind, walking down the street, still shaking, lost in your own words and actions. The tears stop, but your mind is full of imagas. It's bothering you...that it might had ended differently.

The stars are barerly seen because of bright city, even in this darker part. The moon is big and round stealing your focus. Something, something id about to happen. More and more people pass by as you began to get closer to center of town. For how long have you been walking? About half an hour?

huh? people are rushing somewhere.

There!

Izaya skipps from nowhere.

There!

Shizuo rushs out of nowhere second later.

Familiar figures run through the street. Trash can. Traffic sign. Vending machine!

Shizuo and Izaya. It seems like they are fighting or something. It has nothing to do with you, all you can do is to turn away, leaving. You can hear Izayas laughter while is Shizuo chasing him. Before you know Izaya runs somewhere? It doesn't last long until Shizuo disappeares too. Haven't you told Shizuo a while ago to avoid doing something stupid?
Ehh~~ It doesn't matter anyway. All you can do is to expire, again making your way through the crowd. Pass the street, pass the sushi place. Again bumping into a huge crowd, which is on your way.

"The hell is this?" in your ignorance you pass by groups of people, which are curiously gathering in park.

"someone is about to get killed" that takes your attention, in sudden you turn around. There you see them, Shizuo and Izaya, all beated up, covered in blood.

"move! move!!" they are right!!

nonsense!!

 you have to stop this nonsense!!

"IZAAAYA!!"

huh? you make your way closer.

I-Izaya?

"move!"

"move!!"

"IZAYA!!" ......