Paradox

P.s: Dear reader. Thank you for your patience. I had some problems with writing since the whole chapter was unsaved as result of lag. It saddens me that there's no time to update my works every week, I'll do my best.

Oriharas words keep wandering across your mind. Over and over again. Overwhelmed by overthinking you try to focus on the conversation, which takes place in the room. Apparently, you're planning to collaborate with Yakuza.

"Azza" Lukes voice stops you from leaving the room. He's by the window with clasped hands on his back.

"You've been spacing out" his tone is calm and steady, pleasant to listen to. Again your thoughts crawl back, to the perception of Ikebukuro. Wide streets where people flow in masses, alleys of trees set in lines revealing the way. Known places that overflow you with warmness and peace.

"You've been in Ikebukuro, weren't you?" He keeps gazing outside, reflecting tenderness and unconcern. Not ready to give him any answer, you remind quiet. Since no one says anything, you walk and stop by his side, so you can see his expression.

"Azza.." you look up to him just to catch his dark eyes that seem to mindfully watch over you. Luke turns to you.

"Stay away from it" for a second you reluctantly mope at his high headedness. His bossiness is unacceptable; it's over the top. Bothered you fiercely look aside.

"For your own sake. I wouldn't forgive myself if anything would happen to you" skeptic you wrinkle your forehead. His calm tone, his light mood, his benevolent side. It makes you startled and confused. Softly he releases a humming sound at received response.

"Like I can not forgive myself for terrible treatment towards you" you try to say something but instead you choke on your own breath, it stops in your throat. Unbelievable. An overwhelming feeling like this can't be real. Anxious tingling sensation begins to gather in your lungs along with heavy heartbeat that thumbs in your ears and throat.

"Of course" not holding back you sarcastically smirk; silly joke, ugly lie. Gently he grips your chin between his fingers, slowly stroking your cheek. He lifts your head making you moan from surprise. His graceful barely seen smile leaves you speechless, somehow aroused. He steps closer like he's trying to murmur on your ear. His arm settles on yours, beneath shoulders.

"We need to talk, to clear some things between us" gentle whisper, his hot breath on your cheek, his lips are so close.

"Alright?" Your heartbeat speeds up and pounding moves in the back of your head, in the neck, in the chest. A sensation of itching trembling spreads across the body. He's so close. Everything about him seems different from the man which you knew.

"You want this too, don't you?" Hot breath against your skin. The pressure in your chest. Lukes body against yours. Overflush by a fever, you slightly sway his way. Cool headed, gentle and tender he gazes down on you. He leans fingers on side of your face to get a better hold of it.

"You want it, right?" he says it like you want it, badly. Drowning in unnoticed desire and seemingly endless fever, consuming his every single word, sound, breath, touch. It's like he's going to kiss you any moment now. He better not. Stubbornly you pierce him with a look, with unfriendly expression. Secretly overcame by shiver you wait. Nothing. In expectations, you gaze up just to see how he slowly backs off.

"I have some business to do. As for you. Klauss shall take you with him" In silence, you listen. Unwillingly disappointed by his unexpected behavior.

"Yes.." dutifully you step aside to soothe restless heartbeat and feeling of distress since Luke overcame your expectations by his bold, but refined behavior. In silence, you head to the door.