Chapter 5 - The Avoidance & Pain

EMERSON'S POV

Getting ready for today is tiring for me. After a nice hot shower, I went into my walk in closet and choose today's outfit. Today I feel a little gloomy so I choose all dark colours clothing from my shirt, to my jacket, my jeans and even my undergarment. I choose my usual black Adidas sneakers and went to the bathroom again to use the mirror. I put on some hair wax to my blonde pixie haircut and style it neatly.

A little flick and I'm done. I proceed to put on some foundation to my face and a little eye liner, enough to compliment my eyes. I satisfy with my looks and proceed to text the driver to get ready. I kept my phone inside my pocket and went to my room. I pick up my bag that I placed on top of the bed earlier and went to my dresser. I pick out Polo No. 4 fragrance for men and spray it all over my body.

I walked towards my door and take a little peek outside to see if the coast is clear. I tip toe walking down the hallways and ran when I reached the stairs. I went outside and smiled when the driver waited for me. "Miss Larove... I'm Duncan. I will be yah driver today." I smiled at this dark skin hunk of a man. "Hello Duncan. Please call me Emerson." He smiled and opened the door. "Well if you say so Emerson." I got inside and giggled.

"Where to? School?" I think for a second. "Well I would like to have a hearty breakfast." He looked at me using the rear view mirror. "And I know just the place. Just hope your taste same like mine." I smiled. "Don't worry. I went to boarding school before." Duncan laughed and started to drive. I was looking around at LA morning scenery when I heard a song I actually love. I looked at him weirdly.

"You listen to Melanie Martinez?" "She's my Bae." Bae? Seriously? "How old are you?" "24. Married and will be a Father soon." I chuckled. "Does your Wife know this bae?" He shake his head. "Hell no. She will kill me!" I laughed. I looked outside again and wonder if Mom saw my little message that I prepared on top of my dresser. She will kill me when I get home but I'm not ready to meet Clare and that Peter guy. I know he's staying for the night because I can heard his voice when I went to grandma Carmen's private library last night.

The car stopped in front of a cafe and Duncan went out to opened my door. "Here yah go. My place to filled this belly." He rubbed his belly. I chuckled and got out. I noticed it's a very different environment. I totally can see a lot of staring going on. "Am I really allowed here?" "Yes don't worry. You're with me." Duncan lead me front door and opened it for me. "Thanks." I said politely. Inside, again a lot of people staring at me. It's rather unsettling.

"Relax. These people not that often seeing white people coming into their humble place to eat." Duncan said and pointed at the free table in the middle of the cafe. "Eh Duncan! Does your Wife know you're with a very young meat here?" A woman I assume the waitress asked him. "Nah. She's different. She's my boss." The waitress eyes widen. "A Larove?! In my cafe?!" I smiled at her. "Emerson." I offered my hand for her to shake.

She just looked at it and I feel like I'm doing something wrong. "Honey! She's waiting." She grabbed my hand and shake it. "I'm sorry. It's just I never dream of having a Larove here." I laughed. "I'm just a human being." "No miss. You're a gift. Your whole family is. I'm Honey by the way." She let go of my hand and looked at Duncan. "When Duncan said he nailed a job at the Larove estate, the whole Neighbourhood throwing him a party. It's not Everyday the member of our community accepted in an elite household."

"I'm just a driver." Duncan said. "No no. Not everyone in their right mind paying a driver over $4000 just for driving them anywhere." I chuckled. "That's actually our normal wages. Grandma said we have everything and it's only fair to give what we own to others who needed it the most." Honey smiled. "I'll be back with the food." But I didn't even ordered anything yet. I'm curious what she will bring to us. "Don't worry. She's a great cook."