Chapter 27 - The Attack

EMERSON'S POV

"Why do we even bother to be in this assembly every Monday? I mean... It's so... Not worth my time." Kelly sighed and babbling about this all morning. Nia and I have been nodding and sighing with her as well. "Hey Kells, you should stop babbling or Nia's kid will be annoying like you do. We don't want that kid to be like you. A diva." Taylor joked. That earned a glared from Kelly.

"Congratulation again Nia. We know Emerson here will be a Father before 18." My friends laughed. Nia moved closer to me. "I'm so Glad I'm carrying her child." I just want to laughed. If only they knew it's only pretending. "Emerson... Say something." Amara smiled. "I don't know what to say. I am happy. So happy." I pulled her closer and kissed Nia's cheek. Nia leaned in. "Good one." We both giggled.

We both noticed Clare and Adelaide laughed on the floor, watching God knows what on the phone. "What are you watching?" "Oggy and cockroaches." Adelaide laughed and gasping for air. Nia and I looked at each other. "What's so funny. "These cockroaches never let those kitty's at peace." Suddenly we all heard Abigail's voice on the speakers telling us all to proceed to the gym for the Monday assembly.

We all walked towards the indoor gym and some of the freshman greeted us. Some congratulate us, some just staring and whispering to their friends. They probably say stuff about Nia's 'pregnancy'. "I don't like these staring." I said to my 'wife'. "I know. But we have to." I nodded. As we entered, Nia gave me a kissed of goodbye because she have to go to her own group of student.

I watched as Nia and Ann walked to their section. My friends and Sister touched my shoulder and lead me to the sitting area. Students chattering and laughing around us. "That's Abigail huh? If only she's not married." Amara said beside me. "How about Perrie?" "Straight like a pole." "She is?" Amara nodded. "She look like... You know..." I said and watched as Perrie walked passed us with a guy.

"Well she's not. That's the Bae." Amara sighed. I looked up to Nia and she nodded. She saw what I saw. She offered me a soft smiled. "Settle down..." Abigail said and stand in the middle of the gym. She turned around and smiled. She started to talk about how proud she was of all her student who manage to be here in school. I was too focus on Nia that I shut my ears from hearing what she have to say.

Nia was talking to Ann when she turned and smiled. She waved at me and I waved back. Suddenly we all heard a loud explosion outside the gym. As if like a button was pressed, the student begin to panic and screamed inside the gym. I was busy looking for Nia in the crowd. Suddenly a gun was fired and several guys entered the gym door. "GET YOUR ASSES DOWN!" This man yelled at the students.

Another man walked to Abigail and pushed her down. "AND STAY DOWN!" "WHO ARE YOU?!" Abigail yelled. The guy leaned down and begin to chocked my Cousin. I stand and ran towards him. "LEAVE HER ALONE!" I pushed him down and kicked his side hard. Suddenly a fist hit me on my face and I fell next to Abigail who is now gasping for air. "Don't touch my Brother.... Fatass." "ENOUGH!" A woman walked in and orders everyone who just entered the gym.

"We're here to end this shitty fake school." She said and pulled out a gun. "And you..." She aimed it at Abigail. "Will die.." She was about to pulled the trigger when I pulled Abigail's body away from her aim. "How is that...." I know she's angry. Her eyes twitching. That always not a good sight. Again I feel another fist made contact to my cheek. Another explosion was heard. The woman and those guys both laughed at the scene.

Are they.... "That's the main building right?" The woman asked. "Yes Addy." "Good." The guys look like twins. Maybe they all siblings. The gym door opened and a group of guys loaded with guns entered. "We burned the main building. The other group is attacking the other building." This woman who I know was Addy smiled. "Good. Burn it all to the ground. Make sure no police nor fire department can get through."