Chapter 5

NOX

The atmosphere was thick with tension when I looked at the pack in front of me, Blake stood next to me with a scowl on his face, what crawled up his ass. I squared my shoulders and looked over the pack, spotting Bruce and his brother in the back, I quickly smirked at them and turned my attention back to the pack.

"I'm your new trainer starting today, the sooner you guys are up to date, the sooner I can leave. I am sure none of you want me here and trust me when I say, I don't want to be here." I looked at Blake when he growled at my words, my eyebrow arched and I continued, " I have one rule. And I'd advise you not to break the rule. Do not touch me".

"What happens if I break the rule?" Bruce asked.

"Why don't you come find out?"

Bruce smiled and approached me, he reached out his hand to touch my shoulder. Before he could touch me, I grabbed his arm and shoved it under my legs and I jumped up, my legs wrapped around his neck and I thrust his arm down with force, smiling when I heard it snap. I let go of his arm and arched my body down, clenching my legs around his neck and flipped him over as I fell to the ground. I was already on my feet by the time his head hit the ground and he was out like a light.

I dusted off my clothes and turned back to the pack, they all looked at me in shock, some were afraid, but the most were outraged. I grinned, "Anyone else want to break my rule?" No one stepped forward and I turned towards Blake. He looked shocked. 

"Are you joining the training? Or are you leaving?" 

He blinked and focused back on me, "I'm staying, I'm going to help you train"

I started laughing, "You either leave or you join. On the training ground, I'm the only trainer, that's why you brought me here, Blake. Now fall in line".

Before he could protest I turned away from him and back towards the pack, "Form pairs of two and start sparring, I want to see what you can do, so I know where you lack skill".

Everyone glared at me before they turned to their partners and started fighting. I walked through the pack, stopping at every pair and helped them to correct where they were wrong. Most only had problems with their balance. Some had no defense skills and only relied on their brute strength, those where the ones that would die first.

After two hours of training, everyone was tired and drenched in sweat, "Alright everyone, that's enough for today. See you all tomorrow morning at 6". Before they could answer, I turned away and walked towards the house.

"Hay, Nox" I turned around to see a young woman running towards me, she was beautiful, tanned skin and short choppy brown hair in a pixie cut. She had shocking blue eyes that somehow seemed familiar. 

"Do I know you?"

"I'm Cara, Blaze's sister". So that's why the eyes looked so familiar.

"Training was so much fun today and you kicking Bruce's ass was the best", she looked at me smiling and I felt myself returning the smile to the young woman. 

"You are the only one who seems to think so".

Cara smiled mysteriously, "Oh, I don't think so".

I turned towards her, but she just smiled, strange. Cara reached out a hand to touch me and I started panicking, but before I could react, she seemed to think better of it and instead started walking back to the house with me. 

"Hay, do you want to hang out with me and watch a movie?"

Reluctantly, I said yes.

BLAZE

I watched as she walked next to my sister, I really hoped those two would become good friends, Nox seemed to be lonely, or seemed to push people away from her. I heard a grunt from behind me and turned towards Bruce as he finally started to walk up.

"That bitch", he grunted.

I felt offended that he would call her that and I frowned at the need to protect her. Why would I want to protect her? I started laughing and offered my hand to Bruce so he could get up.

"She kicked your ass again, my friend."

Bruce pulled a face, "Not for long, someday I'll kick her ass for good."

I laughed and started walking towards the pack house with my beta next to me, "Remind me again, why do we need her?"

I sighed, "We need her fighting skills so that we can kill the Terror pack, we need to protect ourselves and the gifted wolves."

"This is a personal matter to you, don't you think you should distance yourself from it?"

I turned towards him and growled, "No, I need to protect my sister the way I couldn't protect my parents. And besides, this isn't just about protecting my pack, but also all the wolves all around the world".

As we entered the house, Bruce's eyes started searching the room for his mate, I lightly pat him on the shoulder, "Go to her man", he send me a smile and walked away. 

I frowned and marched up the stairs, I really wanted my mate, but for most wolves is was just a matter of making eye contact and they knew they were mates. For gifted wolves, like myself, it was difficult to know who we are fated for. We actually had to touch. In the werewolf world that was difficult, since we were very intimate animals. We only touched those we were close too. 

I turn left and make my way towards my room for a quick shower before dinner, when I heard voices from Nox's room. It seemed like she and Cara were holding a girl's night in her room, across from mine. I smiled and entered my room. 

Overall, today was a good day, I saw Nox's skills, she trained with my pack and it seemed like she made a friend, or was on her way to making a friend. I frowned when I remember those confusing feelings that she stirred within me. Protectiveness, possessiveness. 

Aren't these usually the feelings you had towards someone you cared about?