Chapter 12

NOX

"No Cara, that's way too girly".

"No, that's weird".

"I can't even walk in fucking heels".

"This is a waste of time".

"What the fuck is that even?"

This has been going on since Cara walked in on me and Blaze's fight, of course she only heard the last fucking sentence and dragged me away before I could answer, to get ready for this "amazing date" as she called it. 

I threw the flimsy black piece of fabric on the ground in disgust, do girls even wear shit like that? I turned around and glared at Cara, who was looking at her pile of clothes, oblivious to the imaginary daggers I send her way.

She turned to me holding a green dress, "This will be perfect".

"Oh hell no, I can't fight in a dress, how will I defend myself?"

"Oh,honey, Blaze is there to protect you" she threw the dress on the bed and started looking for shoes.

Great, how do I defend myself against Blaze.

I turned away from a glowing Cara, I'm sure she knew we were mates, but she hasn't brought it up yet. With their familial bond, I'm sure Blaze would have told her the moment he found out I was his mate. I needed to get away from her. A few minutes to breath, without feeling her eyes on me.

I turn towards the bathroom and shut the door behind me, turning the shower on and stripping off my clothes and stepping under the hot water. How would this date go? I hope that possessive asshole knows now that I won't give up my freedom willingly.

I smile when I remember his face when we fought, I hope that asshole has bruises. I stand under the water after my skin and hair is washed and smelling like soap. Letting the water run over my head and shoulders, gliding down my back, I slowly feel myself begin to relax.

"You better get your ass out of here soon or I'll drag you out of there!" Cara shouts while banging on the bathroom door. There goes my peace.

It's been 2 hours since I entered the room after my shower and I was finally "done". Cara stepped back and admired her work. I stood up and glared at her while she handed me a pair of silver strap heels. She nodded her head, inclining me to put them on. Reluctantly, I pull the heels on. I'll get her back.

Shakily, I get up, my legs wobbling under me like a new born foal. Damn these shoes. I shoot another glare at Cara, her face contorted trying to hold in her laughter, "Don't you dare". I hiss in her direction.

She laughs and pulls me to the mirror. The green chiffon dress is flowy and reaches mid calf. It flows up my body in darker green, sticking to my body like a glove. At the top, it has a sweet heart neckline that cups my busty breasts. Thin green straps running over my shoulders and down my back to my hips. The dress was a low back. 

Coupled with these cursed silver strap shoes and curly silver hair that is pulled up into a neat up-do, only a few stubborn strands coming lose to frame my face. Thankfully, she didn't put any make up on and I stare at my reflection. 

I look so delicate and girly. What the... 

I turn towards Cara and she smiles at me, "Say nothing, you look beautiful. It's a pleasure".

I look at her and before I can think about what I'm doing, I pulled her into my arms and hugged her. It was a short hug and we step back from each other. Staring into each other's eyes, both shocked as to what had just happened.

Slowly, a big grin spread over her face and I return the gesture shyly. Carefully, she put her hand on my shoulder. A shiver of fear run through my body before it seeps away. I look at her, softly she squeezes my shoulder, "Go have fun, Nox".

With that she turned and left the room. Soon a knock came at my door and Blaze walks in. He was dressed in a dark blue suit and silver tie. He looked dashing, the silver tie making his blue eyes stand out more. 

"Let's go" I say before he can greet me. 

I carefully walk over to him, wobbling on the shoes slightly. Blaze offers his arm, trying to hold back a smile. Damn you! I refuse his arm and continue on my way to the door. Sadly, my luck leaves me before I can reach the door and I trip. Narrowly avoid hitting my head against the door. I pull myself up and look at the hand that Blaze is once again offering me.

"Let me help you, Nox. For once in your life, don't be so stubborn." 

His face sincere. Might as well accept his help, since I am already so different. Wearing dresses and hugging people.  I meet his eyes and take his hand. Shivers run through me and I avoid making eye contact with him.

He leads me down the hall, with me clinging to his arm. And out the door to his car. We drove in silence and I was fine with that, I didn't have something to say. But I was curious.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise."

I nod my head and sit back in the chair, silence returning to the car ride. I laid my head back and looked at Blaze out of the side of my eye. He was very attractive. He had shaven off the stubble and there was a cut above his eyebrow and the side of his jaw from one of my Ice shards. I smile, serves you right. 

Blaze stops the car and I look around, why are we at my favorite coffee shop? It's 9 o'clock at night, this place is closed. I watch as Blaze walks around the car and opens my door for me. I get out and wobble a little, before Blaze puts his arm around my hip, holding me steady and into the side of his body.

"Are you afraid I'd run?"

"Maybe".

I smile, "Good".

We come to a stop in front of the coffee shop, "Why are we here?"

"We are here for our date".

"Isn't it closed?"

"I know the human owner and she said she'd make an exception for me". He flashes me a smile and lead me into the shop.