Chapter 17

NOX

Blaze pushed me off him, his eyes glowing red and I knew he was pissed. I got up and felt my power leak out of me. 

"How could you do that? I told you you aren't ready yet!", he shouted at me.

I felt my anger and power rolling off me in waves, "Who are you to tell me how I should feel? I marked you, that is all. Don't you want to be my mate?"

I turned my back on him, "Don't answer that, I need a break. Leave me alone". 

Before he could reply, I had already shifted and taken off in my wolf form. That insolent stupid fool. Sometimes he really knows how to grind my gears. My wolf whined in the back of my head. The marking of her mate automatically made her establish some sort of pack bond and she desperately wanted to be surrounded by her pack.

I didn't blame her. She was lonely in all those years that we were alone. It didn't bother my human half as much as it did my wolf half.

I did not regret marking my mate. I could already feel his wolf, he was pacing on the same spot I left him at. His wolf was agitated, not knowing where I was. Serves that dickhead right. The wolf wanted to mark me, but the human was holding back. 

I came to a clearing that ended in a cliff. I walked into the strange clearing, my wolf on high alert. My wolf did not feel comfortable. I felt the hair on the back of my neck raise and I took a deep breath to calm myself. I felt the air crackle like thunder and I sank to the floor. 

Magic.

I let go of some of my powers, letting it leak out of me, down my arm and into the ground. Nothing happened and I took a deep breath and tried again. There was a faint shimmering in the air and suddenly it was like a veil was lifted from my eyes. 

In front of me stood a huge fortress, right in the middle of the clearing. I could smell numerous wolves and some rogues. What was going on here? My curiosity was getting the better of me and I crawled closer, hidden behind a bush. I picked up on a peculiar scent that had the hair on the back of my neck standing on end. 

"We need to attack them now, the Alpha is at his weakest without a mate and sources confirm that he has yet to find his mate." 

"Alpha Blaze is not as weak as he comes across, why do you think I made my base camp just outside his territory. Keep your enemies close, son."

My heart leaped out of my chess, Blaze? Why do they want to attack the pack? , my wolf wanted nothing more than to run back and inform our mate, but I stayed put. I needed more information.

"Do we have any evidence that he is hiding Gifted wolves in his pack?"

"No sir".

"I see. That doesn't mean that there aren't any in his pack."

After a moment of silence, just as I was about to leave, the voice spoke up. "Set out the army, we attack in 10 minutes."

"Yes Alpha Emile".

That name froze me dead in my tracks. Shit! 

"Well, what do we have here?" 

Double shit!

I turn around to find two hulking men behind me. Both of them sneering at me. I stand up from my spot behind the bush. Their smiles widening when they see how small I am. Fools. 

"This is going to be fun." The one brute says, smiling at me.

I smile back, "Oh yes it should, but unfortunately boys, I don't have the time for fun today. Maybe another day."

"You look like you can give a good fuck."

"So I've been told".

"Well after we are done with fucking your brains out, we will give you to the rest of our pack and if there is anything left, we'll give you to the prisoners."

"Well boys, as appealing as that sounds, I already said I don't have the time for fun today. So maybe another time".

I don't give time to react as I jump on the one guy. My legs locking around his torso, my arms pushing his head to the side as I sink my teeth into his neck, ripping the flesh off. Feeling the blood oozing into my mouth, the bitter coppery taste burning my tongue. I'm thrown off the man, his screams echoing in my head. 

I spit out the chuck of flesh just as he falls to the ground. Dead. The other guy looks at me, fury lacing his face. I could kill him with my powers, but it wasn't safe to use them so close to Emile, I could not risk him finding me. 

The next brute rushes at me and picks me up, throwing me on the floor. I whimper when I feel one of my ribs shatter. I sit up slowly and look at the guy, his smiling face looming over me, "On second thought, you'd be better dead".

Before he jumps on me, I kick off from the floor, wincing in pain. I change into my wolf, which would make me heal faster and sink my teeth into his leg, pulling a chuck of flesh lose. He kicks out with his other leg and I dodge out of the way. As soon as my hind legs touch the ground, I jump at him again and swiftly attack his neck. I tear and rip at his neck until his head is completely severed. Overkill.

Not today. You were right, that was fun.

I immediately take off towards the pack. I'm running slower than I'd like but the pain in my side is a real problem. The closer I get to the pack, the more battle cries I can hear and despite the pain in my side I push my body quicker. 

I needed to safe Blaze. The pack. My pack. My mate.

I apologize for the really long wait, college started and I didn't have any time to write seeing as I was dealing with one college nightmare after another. 

Thank you so much for the comments, reads and votes. 

Lelani