Chapter 22

BLAZE

"I met Nox while she was still living on the streets. I lived in the forest close to the town she was abandoned in and while I was out looking for herbs, I found her."

I watched as the strange creature entered the room and looked at Nox, like she was assessing the situation. Her strange scent still kept me on high alert but this creature could know of some way to heal my mate and I was desperate enough to let this woman try.

Genesis approached Nox and looked down at her, laying a hand on her pale arm and a look of sadness framed her innocent features. "She was just a small child back then, bloodied, bruised, beaten and hungry".

She looked back to me while squeezing Nox' hand, "She would have died if I didn't take her in and care for her."

"Nox isn't the type of person that would have stayed with you, creature", I growled.

"Oh would you stop calling me that, my name is Genesis, Alpha Blaze". She clicked her tongue in annoyance.

"How do you know my name?", I immediately stepped closer to my mate, this woman was suspicious.

"I know a lot of things. I have been around for centuries. I know she is your mate. I know you are both Gifted. One blessed with fire and the other ice. Knowing things is my Gift, wolf."

I growled at her lack of disrespect but the suspicion didn't ease up. "There is no gift of premonition and witch bloodlines died out long ago, so what exactly are you?"

She smirked, "Now where did you hear such tales?"

I wanted to wipe that arrogant smirk off her face but it seems that she had some powers that could help Nox and I didn't want to risk anything happening to my mate again.

I cleared my throat and stood opposite her, holding Nox' other hand, "So, can you help her?"

She frowned and turned her attention back towards Nox. She spread out her hands over my mate's body almost like she was scanning her body, she occasionally made short sounds, like she was thinking. When her hands reach Nox' head, Genesis closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

It was silent for a few minutes and no one moved, I kept looking at the strange woman, my wolf walking in circles in my mind, eager to be let out. She looked like she knew what she was doing and she was helping my mate, but I couldn't help the empty pit of doubt in my stomach.

I watched nervously as Genesis put her hands back to her side and opened her eyes, after a long silence she sighed and looked at me, "This is not good".

"What isn't good?"

"It seems like your mate suffered some serious internal damage before she blew the fuse on her powers", Genesis chuckled at her own little joke and I growled.

"You are stepping out of line, witch".

"Oh, feisty."

I glared at her and she looked back towards Nox before she continued.

"Normally, when a Gifted loses control, the wolf is pushed down and the power takes over, but soon the wolf takes back control. In Nox' case, because she suffered some serious internal injuries her wolf was already pushed back, focusing all her power on saving your mate."

"When she lost control, the wolf didn't have enough energy to fight the power and heal your mate and protect it."

I frowned, but Genesis continued.

"Because of this, her wolf took considerable damage and resulted in Nox' suffering some damage as well. That is why it's taking so long for her to wake up."

"Isn't there something you can do?"

Genesis thought for her while, "There is one potion that might help her".