The New Boy

Chapter one: Something New.

"Wake up, love!"

"Ugh, five more minutes, Mum? Please?" I said when Mum opened my curtains, revealing the bright sunlight, practically blinding me.

"No, breakfast is waiting for you downstairs", she yelled as she walked out of my room. I slowly got out of my bed, as warm as an oven. I went into the bathroom to wash my face and ventured downstairs to have my breakfast.

"How did you sleep, Honey?" said Dad.

"Fine. Thankyou."

"Did you study for your exam, today?"

"Sure did, Dad." I finished my breakfast, and got ready to go to school. "Bye, Mum. Bye, Dad." I walked out of the house to the bus stop. I checked all my social medias like Twitter, Facebook and what not. When my bus finally arrived we had a different bus driver today. "Bus pass, please." He asked. Oh crap! I forgot my bus pass.. "Uhh, um, I forgot my bus pass.." "

I'm afraid I'm going to have to charge you, otherwise you can't get on the bus." I gave him half of my lunch money, got on the bus and took a seat next to my best friend, Tamara. "Hey, Brooke!"

"Hey, Tam!" I replied with a smile. "Did you study for the exam?" asked Tamara.

"Oh, don't you start." I said rolling my eyes and looking the opposite way. "What?"

"Dad's already on my case about achieving good grades and studying. I don't need your pressure as well." Maybe, I was a bit snappy just then.. "I'm just sick of it." I said. "Sick of what?" "School! I hate it, it's boring something new needs to happen." "Oh and I forgot to text you last night, a new boy is coming to our school!" A new boy?!

"When is he coming?" I asked. "Today!" said Tam. We finally got to school. I immediately started looking for he new boy. I glanced over my shoulder.. It's the new boy. Oh my. He's perfect! Medium brown hair, deep brown eyes, average teenage boy height and.. wait, hang on.. That's Jai! That's Jai Ethan Waetford! But doesn't he go to Campbelle Town Performing Arts High School? In Sydney.. Why is he here? Why is he at my school all the way up north to Queensland? I quietly sit by myself just staring at my celebrity crush, it's like I'm in a trance. All the girls from every grade are crowding around him, asking for autographs, pictures, you know, the usual.. Stuck in my trance, I don't realise that he is leaving all the girls and walking towards me! My eyes widen, I turn my head from shyness, looking in the opposite direction. Next minute I feel someone tap me on the shoulder. I turn my head, it's Jai! As he introduces himself the other girls just stand frozen, shocked that he's talking to me and not them.

"Hi, I'm Jai." he says with a smile. "Are you kidding me? I know who you are! You're Jai Waetford!" I reply with a massive grin. "Oh, that probably sounded a little stork-ish, didn't it?" "Don't worry 'bout it, I get it all the time", he said slightly laughing.

"Do you mind showing me around school?" he said, reaching out his hand towards me hinting that I grab it. "Uh, sure". I grabbed his hand and started walking away from the group of girls from my school that were still standing frozen and shocked.