Chapter Seventeen (17) Sleepover at Jai's

As Jai and I were cuddling and watching TV, Jai's mum got home from work. "Oh, hello Brooke!"

"Hi, Mrs Waetford."

"Oh, please! Call me Alana, sweetie!" "Alright, Alana." I said smiling.

"So, are you sleeping over, love?"

"Yes, Mum, she is. Is that alright?" said Jai.

"Yeah sure thats fine! What would you two love birds like for dinner?" said Alana, as she walked into the kitchen and placed her work bag on the table. "Brooke, what would you like?" asked Jai, looking at me.

"I don't mind." I replied, smiling. "Spaghetti?" asked Jai.

"Yeah, sure!"

Jai's mum started making dinner whist Jai and I went into his room. "Do, you mind if I have a shower?" "Not at all." replied Jai, smirking. "Alone, thanks Mr Waetford.." I said, laughing and throwing a pillow at his face.

"Aw, alright then. I'll just be in the lounge room watching TV. Be quick though because dinner will be ready soon."

"Okay." I had a shower and got dressed into my PJ's and headed into the kitchen because dinner was ready. We all sat at the table and at spaghetti. Jai is such a pig when he eats. I find myself laughing at him.

"What? Is there something on my face? Is it here?" as he said that, he grabbed the fork with spaghetti on it and shoved it at the spot on his face that he was pointing to.

"Is now!" By this time, I was practically laughing my head off.

"JAI! Have some manors, you grub! Eat up and I'll take you two out to get some ice-cream." said Jai's mum.

We all finished our dinner and we got into the car to go and get some ice-cream. When we got there the lady asked us what we would like. We all ordered and sat at a 3-seater table. I ordered 3 scoops of cookies and cream in a waffle cone, Jai ordered the same but he got mint choc-chip and Alana ordered 2 scoops of vanilla ice-cream in a bowl.

"So, Mum.. What are we gonna do tomorrow?" asked Jai.

"Well, we can probably go to either the local pool or the beach." Jai's mum said, smiling.

We finished our ice-cream and decided to go home.

When we got home, we went straight to Jai's room, while Jai's mum watched some TV.

"So.. Do you wanna sleep with me in my bed or.. on a mattress?" Jai awkwardly said, scratching the back of his head.

"Can I sleep in your bed..?"

"Of course!" he said leaning in for a kiss. We kissed, and then I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. We said our good nights, and went to bed. Jai had his arm around me and I was leaning on his chest. I slowly fell asleep in this perfect position.