Chapter Three (3) It All Begins Here

It was almost the end of school for the day, Jai and I both have science. I don't particularly like science so I basically talk to Jai.

"So, I guess you're in Queensland for good now."

"Yeah, I guess." Jai said trying to force a smile, "I'm really going to miss all my friends, like Trent and Nick and I'm really going to miss Beunka the most." he said sighing.

"Well, you have me now, so it can't be too bad", I said smiling, trying to get him to smile back. Yeah, it didn't work. I can tell that talking about this subject has gotten to him, because he's turned away from me to the front of the room. The bell finally rang directing that it is the end of school.

Jai and I walked outside to get our backpacks and started heading to the front of the school gate.

"Umm, can I come over to your place this arvo?" asked Jai.

"Sorry, I catch a bus, but you can catch the bus with me tomorrow and come. It's just that, I have to ask my Mum and Dad first."

"Yeah, sure. That's fine. I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Okay, see you, Jai!" I said waving.

I got into the bus, and sat next to Tamara.

"Hey, I didn't see you today, why weren't you sitting with us?" Tam asked me.

I didn't want to tell her where Jai and I went because I knew she would want to know why, and I can't tell her that Jai's upset about leaving Sydney.

"Uh.. Um, I uh.. Wagged.." I said.

Damn why did I say that?! I would never wag. Ugh, stupid Brooke, stupid!

"Don't lie, you would never wag. Why weren't you sitting with us? Were you with the new boy?" She said looking slightly mad.

I have to come up with an excuse and fast.

"Okay, I'll tell you the truth. I went and studied at the library because I didn't want to fail the 3rd period exam."

"Where were you at 2nd lunch?" asked Tamara. Uh, shit. What do I say?

"Um, well, one of my teachers asked me if I could show the new kid around the school, so I went for a tour walk with him."

"Oh, busy day for you today. Aye! Haha, I still don't know who the new kid is though." She said.

How could she not know that the famous Jai Waetford from X-factor goes to our school? Ah, crazy girl she is. Ha.

The bus finally stopped at my house and I said goodbye to Tamara and got out. I walked up stairs to my bedroom and plonked myself on the bed and checked Facebook. I accepted the friend request from Jai and saw what he posted:

*A picture of Jai and I at first break* he left a comment saying: 'had a great first day today, thanks to this amazing girl. Talked to her for a bit at 1st break and we are already best friends. :)'

Shit! He mentioned us being together at first break! Tamara thinks I was studying, oh I hope she doesn't see this.. What have I gotten myself into?