Chapter Nine (9) Sleepover and Talks

"Brooke, sweetie, someone's at the door for you." called out Mum. I walked down the stairs to see who was at the door.

"This better be important because I was watching an episode of Home And Away." I said to myself under my breath. I finally got to the door and opened it.

"Hey, Brooke!"

"Oh, hey Tamara!" It feels like I haven't seen Tamara in ages, so I give her a massive hug.

"Can I come in?"

"Oh yeah, of course you can! Have you had breakfast yet?"

"Um, yeah I have actually.." Tamara said smiling.

"Alright, well lets go up to my room!" We walked up the stairs and entered my room. We both sat on my bed. "So, what's up?"

"Well, I was just wondering if there was anything, I or anyone in our group did to you."

"Mm, no. Why's that?"

"Well, for the past week you haven't been sitting with us or talking to us.." Tam said looking down at her lap. "Oh, I've been um, busy."

"With, what? Brooke, we are bestfriends, I know when you're lying. WHAT'S UP?" she said getting a bit stern.

"I've been hanging out with someone else. I've been with the new boy, yanno, showing him around and getting to know him and stuff.."

"Oh, and I know who he new kid is now. It's Jai Waetford. You're like, his biggest fan. Sooner or later he's gonna find out that you're just using him to get famous, and popular." "Excuse me? IT'S NOTHING LIKE THAT! You know what? Jai and I are actually bestfriends now. He came to my house yesterday and then we went out to dinner together with his Mum." Tamara just silently sat there trying to take in everything I just said. "I have to go." she said. She ran down the stars and walked out. I instantly grabbed my phone and called Ricky, my other really close, close friend. She is great with giving advice. I can always run to her and she will always be there for me and basically everyone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Ricky, what is up with Tamara?" "I don't know, what is up with Tamara?"

"Can you come over? Maybe even sleepover?"

"Yeah, of course, I'll be right over." I hung up and walked upstairs, trying to figure out what the hell that whole thing was with Tamara. I really need to talk to Jai, he always makes me feel heaps better. I grabbed my phone and texted him.

BROOKE: Hey, Jai-Jai.

He almost instantly replied.

JAI: Watcha up to??

BROOKE: Just waiting for Ricky to come over. She's sleeping over. You can pop over for a bit if ya want. x JAI: I'll think about it ;) oh, and speaking of 'thinking', have you thought it through yet? x

I knew he was gonna ask me this.

BROOKE: Nah, I didn't need to. I already know what I'm deciding. ;) x JAI: Aw, tell meeee!

BROOKE: Hmm, maybe later ;) I gtg. Talk 2 u later. x

I heard a knock at the door, and Ricky was finally here.

"Ricky!" I gave her a big hug.

"Hey Brooke! How have ya been?" she said smiling. Ricky is so pretty, her eyes are the most lightest blue you will ever see, she has dirty blonde straight hair that goes just below her shoulders, she always wears the best and latest fashion, she's a real sporty girl and ALL the boys like her. Not in a like-like way, but, a like way meaning they love being around her and they think shes just a great person. She looks totally different from Tamara. Tamara has wavy/curly light auburn hair that goes below the shoulders she is shorter than the average 13/14 year old she has brown eyes and tanned skin. Tamara is also pretty popular with the boys.

"Come in Ricky, come in!" We went in my room and she unpacked some of her belongings.

"I bought food!"

"Oh my lord, yay!"

Ricky is such a great person to be around, she's actually probably better than Jai, to be honest. As the hours went by it was beginning to get a bit late.

"So, what's wrong with Tamara?" asked Ricky.

"You tell me. I wouldn't have a clue. She got bit angry because I have been hanging out with the new kid-" "Jai Waetford." Ricky interrupts. "Yeah, and well, when I'm with Jai, I totally forget about him being famous. I just see him as a normal teenage boy that goes to my school and is my bestfriend."

"And, what did Tamara say to that?" "Well, she walked out before I could get to that part. But, she thinks that I'm using Jai for 'fame' and 'popularity'."

"Look, she probably just misses you being around. Tam is your bestfriend as well. You can't just knock her off." "Yeah, I know.. It's just that, I'm having such a good time with Jai and he likes me.. He wants there to be an 'us'."

"Well, what did you say."

"Well, at fist I didn't want to but then, out of the blue, he kissed me. And, it was amazing."

"So, you want to be with him?"

"Well, yeah. Yeah, I do."

"Anyways, we better go to bed. Night Brookie!"

"Good night, Ricky."