Chapter Four (4) Explaining

My mum woke me up for the normal school day. I collected myself on to my feet and out of the bed. I quickly ran downstairs and asked Mum something.

"Uh, hey Mum, can I please have a friend over this afternoon?"

"Depends on who it is."

"Well, it's Jai Waetford..."

"Ha, yeah right. You wish honey."

"No Mum I'm being legit. He moved to QLD and goes to my school. He flies down to Sydney on a plane for X-factor. We've become really good friends. So can he?"

"Um, yeah okay. But he's going to have to catch a bus with you. And how is he going to get home? I can't drop him off. I'm sorry, but I ca-"

"That's what Jai has a mother for, Mum. She will pick him up way before dad gets home. Because you know how dad is with me and boys." I say rolling my eyes.

"Yeah, okay. You better go now, Brooke. You're gonna be late for school!"

"Alright, by mum." I walked out to the front of my house and waited for my bus. Oh no. I totally forgot about yesterday. What am I going to say to Tamara? Man, I hope she doesn't see what Jai posted on Facebook. My bus got here, I stepped on and showed the driver my bus pass and sat down next to Tamara.

"Uh, hey Tam"

"Explain.. You know what I'm talking about.."

"Um, no I don't." I said. Crap. She saw it. She saw Jai's post on Facebook.

"You know! You were supposed to call me last night! Explain why you didn't call me!"

Few! I thought I was gonna have to explain EVERYTHING to her, Jai's Facebook post, me lying to her, Jai being sad about moving.

"Um, I was just really busy with homework and stuff.. Sorry, Tam" "Aw, no worries Brookie!" The bus finally arrived at our school and I got off to find Jai waiting for me at the front of the school.

"Hey Brooke!"

"Hey, Jai!"

"So about this afternoon...?"

"Oh yeah, Mum said that you can come over! Is it ok if your mum can pick you up though?"

"Yeah, sure! I bought some money for the bus!" said Jai"

"Oh, good!" It's so great, me and Jai are already such good friends and he's only been going to the scool for about 4 days. We walked to class together, we both had Science this period together. My ex-boyfriend, Jack, is in my class and he didn't stop staring at Jai and I as we walked in together. My teacher allowed Jai to sit next to me. Science was pretty boring. The bell rang and Jai and I walked outside of the classroom to get our bags. Next minute, Jack says "So, you two datin' now or what?" "Um.." says Jai moving in closer to me.

"No, we're just friends.."I said. "Doesn't look like it."

"Does it matter anyway? How does it affect you?" I said partly smiling.

Jai walked me to History. I love history because its easy as pie and I have it with my friend, Ellie. We got to history, Jai hugged me a told me to meet him where we sat together yesturday.

"Hey Ellie!"

Uhm, youre friends with Jai Waetofrd?! You like, obsess over him, you're his biggest fan!" says Ellie, shoked.

"Um, yeah well, we are like really good friends and I actually totally forgot he was even famous! I just think of him as a normal teenage boy." I said smiling. Ellie and I walked into the classroom and before I knew it he bell rang and I was on my way to meet Jai at our secret place. Once I got there Jai had a serious look about his face. He grabbed my hand and sat me down. "Brooke, we really need to talk..."