Chapter Two (2) Smiles All 'Round

I start walking around the school showing Jai all the different classrooms, staffrooms and what not.

"So, do you like this school?" asked Jai.

"Yeah, it's good", I said smiling, "but, it's much better now that your here!" Jai gave me a big grin. We both missed period one, which was English, because I was showing him around the school. The bell rang for second period and I helped Jai figure out what class he had next and where it is. "Okay, so 'MAT08H', means you have maths, in H block, classroom 08. Oh cool, you are in my math class!" I said smiling.

"Oh, that's good. You can at least help me with all the girls." he said, looking worried.

"Yeah, there are heaps of girls that are fans of you, Jai." I said giggling and softly hitting his back with the palm of my hand. It's lunch now, maths wasn't too bad. The girls wouldn't stop staring and trying to get Jai's attention though. You could tell he was feeling slightly uncomfortable.

"Aye, Jai, come sit with me at lunch, yeah?"

"Uhm, yeah, ah, sure." he said.

"Jai, what's wrong? You know that you can talk to me, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Can we maybe sit by ourselves today, away from everyone? I don't really feel like all the screaming girls and stuff". "Yeah, of course! Follow me.." I took Jai to a place that is out of bounds, so if a teacher sees us, we will be in BIG trouble. "Can you tell me what's wrong now", I said inviting him to sit down next to me.

"Well, I moved up here from Sydney because Mum found a really good job up here. Since X-factor is still going, I have to fly down to go there every week. Anyway, I went to Campbelle Town Performing Arts School where I had an amazing, beautiful girlfriend called-" I cut him off saying

"Beunka Nunes" smiling.

"Yeah, how did you know?"

"Jai, everyone knows, haha."

"Yeah, true. Back to what I was saying, I had to break up with Beunka. I didn't want to, but I had to because we both agreed that a long distance relationship wouldn't work for the both of us." he said, with a tear sliding down his face. "I just really miss her".

"I know you do." I say, giving him a gentle hug and wiped away his tear.