Twelve

Michael's point of view

"Stop singing Shawn Mendes!" Luke yelled at Calum as I scrolled through my phone. "Calum!"

"I know what you did last summer," he sang loudly and I could see Ashton recording him, probably to post it on Snapchat. "Just lie to me, there's no other."

"Hit that high note, yeah." Ashton cheered and I laughed quietly at them as I set my phone down on the couch. "Save that voice though Cal."

"I know." He said and laughed as he sat down on the chair. "Hi guys!" He said and waved to the camera as Luke watched television.

"I'm gonna go in my room." I said and stood up. I pulled my black skinny jeans up and then went to my bedroom.

I closed the door and then caught sight of the letter I haven't had the time to finish reading lately. Interview after interview, rehearsal after rehearsal, my schedule has been packed.

So I sat down on my bed and grabbed it, flipping to the fourth entry. My eyes read each word, deciding that they deserved all my attention, not just some quick scan over.

I smiled and chuckled, mentally giving her a congratulations for learning our songs on guitar. I flipped the page and then there was a knock on the door.

"Hey Mikey," Ash said and I glanced up, telling him to come in. "We have more fanmail, should I tell Manny to keep sending yours?" He asked me and I nodded.

"Yeah, especially the packages and the letters from a girl named Aleigha, her name is on the envelopes." I d him and he nodded. "Do we have anything today?"

"A concert, but that's not until a lot later." He said and laughed as I nodded. "Are you hungry?" He asked and I shook my head. "You sure?"

"Yeah, I'll get food if I get hungry." I told him and he nodded. "Hey Ash, get it." I said and winked because he had a monstrous hickey on his neck.

He blushed and then walked out of the room after mumbling at me to fuck off. I laughed and then looked down at the letter, reading the last one, Five.

"Oh." I said softly as I read through it, my heart seeming to pound in my chest. "Oh no... Aleigha." I mumbled and then looked around all the letters.

There was no return address or social media accounts.

I sighed, my heart racing for a girl I didn't even know. I had no idea how to contact her, to make sure she's okay of course. I also had no idea how to respond to the fact she thinks I self harm too.

I mean... she isn't wrong but if she can figure it out, how many other people can too?

I threaded my fingers through my hair and took a couple of deep breaths, trying to reassure myself that no one else was going to find out and cause social media to blow up. I wasn't ready for that, I don't think I'll ever be.

"Mikey, here ya' go." Ashton said and I looked at him as he set a couple of small boxes on the bed, along with an envelope. I thanked him and then he left the room as I immediately grabbed the next set of letters.

I immediately ripped it open, pulling the five papers out and then started on the one that had Six on the bottom right corner.

I read through it and then groaned, not seeming to find any of the smallest clue that she's alright. It starts off at school, not how she feels, and it's bothering me to know that she's here writing me letters, venting to me, when she can be getting help or focusing on herself.

"I'll help though." I said and laughed lightly. "I'd hit you up but there's no fucking return address or number, or even a social media account." I grumbled and then flipped the paper.

I read about her watching the interview and I gulped lightly, my heart hammering because she noticed how triggering it was for me. Did I make it obvious or was she just observant?

I laughed lightly through my heavy breaths as I got to the end. "Sweet." I commented and then smiled softly, flipping the page to read the next couple of pages.

I hummed as I read through it, smiling because this girl was literally me. From what she's written, she's a lot like me and I have yet to find someone so similar.

"Mikey, what are you reading?" Calum asked and I jumped as he threw himself on my bed. "Fanmail still?"

"Yeah." I said and flipped to the fourth page. I felt reluctant to finish it because I knew I'd had to wait another week before I got to hear from her. A week is a long time.

"What's this one about?" He asked and I shrugged as I read through it.

I frowned slightly, understanding where Aleigha was coming from when she said that she felt like she couldn't fit in with her friends. I was currently in the situation.

Ashton and Calum always wanted to go out places to explore, and Luke always wants to be with his girlfriend at a club. I don't want to do either and when I do, I feel like I'm forcing myself to do what they do and 'fit in' so I don't look like a loser.

After a second or two, I decided to indirectly tweet out about what she should do and hopefully she'll see it.

"You should get dressed, we have to go to sound check in like fourty minutes." He told me and I said I will after I finish reading this. "What's so special about this Aleigha girl?" He asked, looking at the envelope.

"I have one more page, leave me alone." I said as I turned to the last page, reading it slowly so I could comprehend everything she's saying.

My heart hammered in my chest halfway through, a feeling of worry and panic setting in my gut. What does she mean when she says she should do something about it?

"What's wrong?" Calum asked and I shook my head rereading the last few parts.

Is she okay?

I took a deep breath and then set it down. "Just anxious for the concert." I lied and he nodded. "I'm gonna get dressed." I told him, my gut still heavy with worry.

I hope she's okay... I hope the letters don't stop coming.

-

"How are you feeling tonight?" I yelled and laughed as I got screams in return. "We're gonna slow it down just a little bit, not a lot."

"Not a lot baby girl just a little bit," Calum sang and I laughed. "Channeling my inner rapper."

"Don't." I said and Luke laughed. "This is Everything I Didn't Say, sing with Luke because he can't sing." I said and we began to play the song.

I hummed the entire verse and then sang along in the chorus, unable to keep still as I played the guitar. I walked around during the second verse, winking into the cameras as the line 'from all the letters that I saved' came up.

I laughed and then nodded my head as I went to my mic stand getting ready for the bridge. I looked at the neck of my guitar and then down at the body, making sure I was hitting the right strings.

I panicked as too much of my wrist showed revealing a couple of scars, and I turned around, shaking my wrist to fix it. When it was covered, I went back to the mic stand, knocking it over accidentally since I was panicking.

Luke and Calum glanced st me, singing the lyrics for me as I picked the stand up, immediately singing with them. I blushed in embarrassment, my cheeks burning as I looked at the floor, afraid they fans would make fun of me for that.

I shook my head, looking away from the crowd as we finished the song, dying to run off stage and then probably cry about how I fucked up again.

Why do I always fuck up on stage?