Forty

- kinda a long chappie (2660 words) to make up for lack of updates! i love this chapter so much! just don't get comfortable with the book just yet c; -

Aleigha's point of view

"I don't know what to wear." I said to Arzaylea, shutting my bedroom door so my brothers' screams were muffled.

Honestly, how hard is it to play a multi-player game together? It's called multi-player for a reason.

"It's a date Lee! You wrote what happened in it! You should know what to wear!" She told me and I shrugged, a bit panicked because I've never been on a date.

"I don't know! You know I'm not confident, the idea of wearing dresses and stuff like that makes me feel weird." I said and she hummed.

"Wear skinny jeans then, it doesn't really matter. Michael likes you for you. If you showed up in a banana suit and he'd still be into you." She told me and I shrugged my shoulders as I look through my clothes.

"Here," she said, handing me a black tank-top with a floral lace on the back. I looked at it, unsure of when and where I even bought the thing. "This, and this, with this."

She handed me a whole outfit and I took a deep breath. "Are you sure? Can't I just wear a band tee?" I asked her.

"If it makes you more comfortable with yourself then go ahead." She said and smiled. "I just think this outfit would be super cute and that you would rock it. At least try it on though."

"I can do that..." I said and she nodded. I went to the bathroom down the hall and then locked the door, closing it behind me.

I pulled off the t-shirt I had on and then fixed my bra a bit since it was crooked. I pulled the tank-top on, which hugged my body in a way that made me even more self-conscious than before, andbyye jeans followed soon.

The all black outfit was soon topped with a thin grey cardigan. I looked in the mirror, in love with the outfit, but not my body. I put my hands in my pockets and looked down at the outfit, a bit worried.

What if Michael thinks I look even bigger because of the tight shirt?

"Did you die in there Leigha?" Arzaylea asked and I laughed lightly asked I unlocked the door.

"N-No, just looking at myself." I said and she looked at me, telling me that I was 'killing it'. "Am I?" I asked and she nodded.

"Come on, let me fix your makeup. I know the perfect look." She said and I nodded as I picked up my dirty clothes. "I mean, if you don't want makeup that's fine."

"Just a little." I said after awhile and she nodded as she sat me down on my desk chair.

-

"Mom! Aleigha's going on a date!" My youngest brother yelled and I shook my head as Arzaylea laughed. "Are you gay?"

"Aleigha can't go on a date, no one likes her enough." My other brother said and Arz sent him a nasty look.

"With an attitude like that, I can see why you're sitting on a couch playing video games instead of being with your friends." She said and I rolled my eyes as my brother tried to insult her.

"At least I'm not some wannabe Kardashian that has to show off her body to have people talk to her." He said and Arzaylea looked at me.

"I'm going to kill that son of a-"

"Aleigha! Who's your friend?" My mom asked as she walked in, rubbing her eye a bit. "What's this I hear about a date?"

"It's not a date. We're just going to go hang out with a friend, he's picking us up." I lied smoothly and she nodded, not asking questions.