Thirty One

- it's 12:50 in the morning and I'm kinda (okay very) sad right now so I might update a lot because this book and your guys' comments make me feel better. Also, thanks for the great feedback on my poem! I was hesitant to put it up and I'm glad you guys liked it -

Aleigha's point of view

"No." I said as Jackie held up eight different dressed, all different colours and lengths. "Three."

"Fine!" She said exasperatedly and I grabbed the blue one, a black one, and a white one. "Really?"

"Yes." I said and she rolled her eyes. I took them to the dressing room and hung them up.

I stripped into my underwear only, immediately reaching for a black dress. The other two were sleeveless, and just weren't my style. Rhinestones? Yeah, no thanks.

The black dress was a bit more simpler, a floor length dress that had lace sleeves, which almost completely covered my arms. It was tight, but loosened slightly around my hips.

I opened the door and stepped out, seeing Krystal standing there with her phone out. I covered my face and she laughed. "Like it?" She asked as she typed on her phone.

"I don't hate it." I said. It just made me self consious cause it was tight and I wasn't the most confident with my body.

"You look great." She said and I pulled the dress down in some areas that it was bunching up at. "That one then?"

"Of of the three, yes." I said and she laughed as she nodded. "I don't know though. It's kinda tight."

"It looks good." She said and walked up to me, adjusting it slightly. "Very thick." She commented and I rolled my eyes as I looked down at my body.

"Not really." I said cause there was a difference between fat and thick, and it wasn't hard to tell which side I fell on.

"Go change out of it. We gotta buy you heels to match the dress, maybe a purse too." She said and I whined. "Aleigha Vasquez you are wearing heels with the dress, there is no debating and no arguing."

"You're mean." I said and she just smiled. I went back into the dressing room and looked in the mirror, crossing my arms over my chest a bit.

My phone buzzed on the stool inside of the small room and I picked it up, seeing that Krystal texted me. It was just a picture.

I looked at it and blushed heavily as I read it. She sent the picture to Michael, and he was like fangirling over the picture. I set my phone down and smiled.

"He's too cute." I mumbled to myself, still smiling the smallest bit as I began to take the dress off.

-

"So, what did you buy?" Michael asked me as he looked at the bags at the end of his bed. "I see Victoria Secret, Sephora, and Hot Topic, and a bunch of other stuff."

"Yeah, Krystal and Jackie forced me to go buy stuff at the mall for prom." I said and he nodded. "Would have left them in the car if they had one. We got there by an Uber and came here by an Uber."

"Everyone does that now." He said and I shrugged. "What did you buy though?"

"A dress, some heels, perfume, makeup, and some more wristbands from Hot Topic. Always gotta go there." I said and he nodded.

"Always." He told me and I hummed. "So, are you excited to see us play tonight?" He asked me.

"Of course I am." I said and smiled. "I've been wanting to see you guys live for some time now. Glad I can finally be able to see you guys."