Twenty Four

Michael's point of view

"Here." Luke handed me an envelope and I thanked him as I grabbed it. "What's that on your arm?"

"A rash. I borrowed Ashton's soap and I'm allergic to something in it. I need to go and buy more of the kind I use." I told him and he nodded, buying the bullshit lie I gave him.

I shoved my sleeve down a bit more and then ripped the envelope open. I began reading them all, going through a train wreck of emotions.

"Why are you reading letters in the middle of our kitchen?" Calum asked me and I looked at him. "You couldn't sit down and do it?"

I set my hands on the edges of our counter and then hoisted myself up, sitting on top of the tile surface. "That's not-That's not what I meant." He said and laughed.

"Oh well." I said and he motioned for me to move. I tilted my body to the left so he could open the cabinet and then I sat up straight as I continued reading the letters.

My heart was hammering in my chest when I finished, and Calum even noticed how distraught I was. "Is everything alright? What did she say?" He asked me.

"Nothing it's just... I hope she's okay." I said and then pulled my phone out of my pocket. I opened twitter and then tweeted out an indirect.

'Hoping nothing bad is going on right now, you can pull through, love you ✌'

I quickly sent it out and then put my phone away before he grabbed the envelope himself. He looked at it and then opened it up, pulling out thirty dollars. "What's this?" He asked and I sighed.

"Long story."

"We don't have a concert until four, it's ten, what's up?" He asked and I swung my legs a bit as I hummed.

"Luke dragged me to the mall last week yeah? Well, I hate Arzaylea so I tried staying away from them when we went inside of stores, and I accidentally bumped into one of her friends, Krystal." I said and he cut me off.

"Krystal... Krystal Jamison?"

"I don't know her last name." I said and rolled my eyes as he bit his lip. "But I bumped into her, and when we left the store, I went to Hot Topic to stay away from the couple, who went into Victoria Secret."

"Classic."

"Will you stop interrupting me?" I asked and he nodded as he crossed his arms. "Well, there was this girl, and she was absolutely beautiful. She had this grey beanie on and a misfits t-shirt and she was looking at shirts, so I talked to her." I told him.

"She said she loved our band and was eyeballing a shirt, so I told her try it on after picking one in her size out. She didn't have the money to buy it, so when she went to change out of it, I grabbed another and bought it for her quickly." I told him and he shifted a bit.

"So you met your dream girl." He teased and I rolled my eyes. "You didn't get her number? You're still stuck in the letter zone?"

"Luke dragged me out and wouldn't let me go back to talk to her. Groups of fans were surrounding us and when we got out of the mob, the girls were gone." I told him and sighed.

"Aw man, that sucks." He said and I nodded and he looked at the money. "She paid you back?"

"Said that she would but I don't want it." I said and he just put it back in the envelope, setting it down on the counter. "I had such a perfect opportunity to get her number, her Instagram, her Snapchat, literally anything, but I didn't know it was her until too late." I told him and he pulled his phone out.