Twenty Seven (tw)

Aleigha's point of view

"Guys, this is Aleigha, Aleigha, you know who they are." He said and I blushed as I nodded.

"Yeah um, I do. Nice to meet you guys." I said and the only one who returned it was Calum. I awkwardly looked at the floor and then cleared my throat. "I better get going-"

"No!" Michael said and I looked at him. "I mean, you don't have to go. They're just not used to me bringing girls home."

"Right." I said but I couldn't help but feel like Luke and Ashton hated me. Maybe it was the way they were looking at me, like they were disgusted, but maybe that's just my anxiety talking.

An awkward silence fell and I nodded as Michael sat down with me again. "So Aleigha... your the girl from the letters?" Ashton asked and I nodded.

"I did send letters yeah..." I said and scratched the back of my neck. "I didn't think they'd get read."

"Why are you here?"

"Can you be any ruder?" Michael asked Luke and Luke threw his arms in the air.

"Well you're crying and she's the only one here, what am I supposed to do? Blame the allergies that you don't have? Blame eyeliner pencils?" Luke asked and I winced.

"Aleigha didn't make me cry if that's what you're thinking. We had a heart to heart." Michael said and rolled his eyes. "I'm a sensitive guy and you guys know that."

"Luke, cut it out." Calum said and nudged him. "I'm so sorry, they're just irritated. They haven't had their daily dose of coffee. Want anything to drink? I'm gonna go take them in the kitchen."

"I'm fine." I said and he nodded, yanking the two away. I looked at Michael and he face palmed. "I think I should go before you guys yell some more..."

"I knew bringing you here was a bad idea. Everything I do is wrong in this damn house. I can't breathe without being yelled at." He grumbled and then looked at me. "Are your parents home?"

"They get back tomorrow." I said and he nodded. "Want to come over?"

"Please? I still gotta talk to you, but if you want me to stay here, it's fine. I get pretty annoying." He said and I shook my head.

"No, you're not annoying." I said and laughed. "My house is a bit messy, and not at all as nice as this place, but if you want to come over, you can." I said and he thanked me as he stood up.

"Guys, we're gonna get going because your all assholes." He said and I looked at him. "I love you guys anyways." He added and I laughed.

"Better." I said and he nodded as we left the house. Michael didn't want to wait for their response. "Keys?"

He tossed me them and I got into the driver's seat, starting the engine. "You trust me so much for just meeting me like a couple of days ago." I pointed out. "What if I was a kidnapper?"

"Are you?"

"Well, no but-"

"No buts." He said and laughed. "Butts are for grabbing when your cuddling." He said and pointed at me, like a parent lecturing a child.

"You learn something new everyday." I said and he nodded as I pulled out of the driveway, our seatbelt already buckled.

-

"I never got to actually look at your house, it's nice in here." He said and I shrugged as I fixed some of the couch pillows and threw some of the video game cases back on its shelf.

"It's... meh, but thank you." I said and he nodded. "Help yourself to whatever I guess." I said and scratched the back of my neck.

He sat on the couch and I felt awkward. This isn't normal for me, to sit down with someone and talk about feelings. My friends never want to do this, but I guess it's because we never really try. They just aren't sensitive people.