Twenty Eight

- I've updated more times this week than I have in a week oops -

Aleigha's point of view

"Your room is so cute." Michael said and I looked at him. "It's absolutely adorable. How long did it take to decorate it?"

"Not too long. I um, I just strung up white Christmas lights on the ceiling, placed all my records on the wall, and painted the wall a light shade of blue." I told him as I sat on my bed. "My laptop is over there, vanity mirror, dressers, it's nothing big."

"No, no its not big, but it's adorable and seems so cozy." He said and I shrugged. "I wish I could do something with my room, but we're not even there long enough to. We live out of suitcases honestly. We don't stay anywhere long enough to do anything like this."

"Must be nice though, being able to see different horizons, meet different people, learn different lessons. You're able to grow, eduate and be educated. Just seems great." I said and he nodded.

"If you don't throw in any of the bad, then yeah, it's the dream life." He said and I nodded as I leaned my head on the headboard. "We're never at one place long enough to really look around and explore."

"You can always go back whenever you're on break."

"That's rare." He said and I shrugged. He tapped his fingers on the desk and I crossed my legs. "What's this?" He asked as he picked up some papers.

"It's a school assignment for my creative writing. We had to uh, as silly as it sounds, write a fanfic. A short one, no more than five thousand words." I said and blushed heavily.

"I see my name."

"Don't read it. It's not that good. I'm no author." I said but he read them anyways. "Michael!"

"I'm curious!" He defended and I huffed, unable to stop my cheeks from turning redder as he read it. "I'm in awe, it's so cute and romantic. I wanna vomit."

"Good, then you have a reason not to read it." I said and he laughed as he flipped a page. "I'm a hopeless romantic."

"You play guitar?" He asked and looked up from the papers. "That's right, you do, kind of. You said you learned one of our songs."

"Yeah, learned a couple. I can play Vapor, and uh San Francisco by you guys now. I'm not that good. I still use open chords." I said and he laughed.

"I do too sometimes too, don't worry. You only learn more." He said and set the papers down. "What grade did you get on the paper?"

"I haven't turned it in yet. At most, I think that could be a B." I told him and he shook his head.

"I think an A."

"Only cause you're in it."

"That, and because it's written really well." He said and I shook my head. "You should tell me what grade you get on this."

"If I get a B, you owe me." I said and he nodded.

"If you get an A, you owe me." He told me and I nodded. That was fair. "Does it matter what I have to give you?"

"I mean, not really. As long as it doesn't matter for me." I said and he looked at me.

"If I'm right, you have to go on a date with me." He said and I looked at him. "We'll play it out just like this on my next day off or something."

"Deal." I said and held a hand out. "If I get a B, we forget about the story and it never gets brought up again, ever." I told him and he stood up, sitting on my bed again he shook my hand.