Twenty Six (tw)

- I don't know how to feel about this chapter... hm... -

Aleigha's point of view

"I haven't been this many places in a row since I was ten." I joked to Michael and he laughed as we sat at a diner. It was like ten in the morning and we were hanging out again because he asked to.

Not that I'm complaining.

"Well stay with me and you'll go everywhere." He said and I laughed, jokingly telling him that I'll consider.

We sat down at a booth and I rubbed my arms since it was a bit cold in here. "Where do you get your bracelets?" I asked him because they were cool and no matter how many times I try to find them, I can't seem to get them.

"Internet and random stores in malls." He told me and I nodded. "I need more." He said and I showed him my wrist, nearly all the way up to my elbows with bracelets.

"Pick some." I said and we both laughed as he pointed at random ones. I took them off and he looked at me. "I got these at Hot Topic, they came in packs of four." I said, holding up the black bracelets.

"Let me see." I handed it to him and a lady came by, asking us what we'd like for drinks. "I'll have a water, thanks. Mikey?"

"I'll take a coffee." He said and smiled at the waitress. She handed us menus and we thanked her before she left us to decided.

"Will you be writing anymore letters?" He asked me and I chuckled as I shrugged.

"Not sure. I've seen you the past two days so maybe I don't have to anymore." I told him and he nodded, telling me that was a good answer.

"Now you can tell me face to face." He said and chuckled. "No more crying to a piece of paper yeah?"

"Dunno," I said honesty. "I enjoy writing them. You get real emotion but you don't have to be face to face. I don't know about you, but I could never bullshit a letter."

"I haven't written letters in ages." He said and chuckled. "The only bad thing about letters is after you write it, you have no one to hold you when you're breaking. You write to them about it all but you're still alone." He told me and I shrugged.

"You're not wrong." I said and he chuckled. "Can we not talk about me though? I feel selfish, always talking about myself when you yourself are going through stuff." I told him.

"I don't like talking about myself." He said and looked down.

"Come on, it's not good to keep things bubbled down." I told him as I grabbed his hand. "We can switch the roles, I'll be famous and you can be the fan, let's go."

"Oh my god I love you so much, have my babies." He said and we both laughed. I shook my head and he chuckled. "I mean... I guess since you shared, I should too."

"You don't have to, I was just suggesting it. I don't want you to feel forced, like you absolutely have to." I told him and he looked at me with a small smile. "I promise, if you don't want to, you don't have to. It just feels better to get stuff off of your chest, you know?"

"Yeah," he said and nodded. "I know. I'm just... It's-It's hard to talk about things like this." He said and laughed lightly. "I think you understand when I say telling someone personal stuff, face to face, is hard."

"Wouldn't know, I was always to scared to do it." I said and he gave me a half smile, the left corners of his lips rising and then falling just as quickly. "They wouldn't care."

"I bet you they would."

"No, my friends' advice is to get over it. My brothers, they're too ignorant to understand. My parents, they think I'm trying to be like you. The people in my life don't understand, and even if I tried, I couldn't make them." I told him him. "You can't make someone do something they don't want to do."