Thirty Nine

Aleigha's point of view

"Patty cake, patty cake, bakers man," Michael and I sung as we played the hand game. Arzaylea watched us in amusement, recording us on her phone. She's probably going to send it to Luke. "Bake me a cake as fast as you can."

I laughed as Michael messed up and he crossed his arms. "No fair!" He said and Arzaylea laughed.

"You're a guitarist Mike, what happened to hand-eye coordination?" Arzaylea asked as she typed on her phone, putting it away soon after.

"Don't know, I just screwed up." He said and I pinched his arm cause I knew he was belittling himself, even if he didn't exactly say it outloud.

"Where's Cal?" I asked and Arzaylea said that he's having a smoke. "I'm gonna go join him." I said and stood up, grabbing my bag off of the chair.

"Let's play Michael, you suck." Arzaylea said and Michael nodded as the two began to play the simple game.

After I grabbed my cigarettes and lighter, I went outside. I poked Calum's side and he jumped, glancing at me quickly. "Ouch. Cut your claws." He joked and I laughed.

"Nah, they're my weapons of mass destruction." I said and he rolled his eyes as I placed a cigarette between my lips. He wached as I lit it and then hummed.

"I thought you didn't smoke often?" He asked and I shrugged. "Something wrong?"

"No, everything is great." I said, not completely lying but also it wasn't the complete truth. "Just wanted to smoke." I told him and he nodded.

"Addicted?" He asked and I looked at the cigarette between my fingers. "Cause I am."

"Probably actually. I've been smoking a hell of a lot more than I used to." I told him and he shrugged.

"Should I be worried?"

"I don't know, should you?" I asked and he shrugged as we heard yelling from inside.

"Get the fuck out!" I heard Arzaylea yell as a door slammed shut.

"This isn't your house Arzaylea, don't tell me what to do!"

"But it's partially mine and I want you out." Michael butt in, his voice much louder than it normally was. He was quite a loud person too.

"Can it suicide boy."

"Oh hell no." Calum said and stomped his cigarette out. I did the same and before we could walk inside, I saw my former best friend in front of me.

"Downgraded I see." She said and I rolled my eyes as I crossed my arms. "You're not serious, right Calum? Aleigha?"

"Look Krystal, you need to leave." I said and she pushed me away from her when I walked up to her.

"You screwed me over Aleigha. You told Calum-"

"He deserved to know what was going on. You can't handle relationships, you don't want to. You can't go screwing people over like that Krystal." I said and Calum grabbed my arm gently so I didn't punch her in the eye.

"Krystal, I can call the police on you. Get out of my house and get out of my life, as well as my friends lives." Calum said, but she wouldn't go away.

"Listen here-"

"No you listen to me," Arzaylea snapped, grabbing Krystal by the arm and yanked her away from us. "Nobody in this damn house wants you here and if you don't get out by the time I could to three, I'm gonna feed you to the sharks."

I winced when Krystal hit Arzaylea in the lip and she stumbled back slightly. "You bitch." Arz said as she held her bleeding lip.

"That hurt? I'm sorry, with all the lip injections Luke paid for, I thought you wouldn't feel a thing." Krystal said and before I could walk in and punch her myself, Calum held me back as he pulled his phone out.