Epilogue [rewritten] (tw)

" And maybe not every story has a happy ending

But that's more than okay

Because sometimes you need to be reminded that every story is different.

Just as every person is different.

Sometimes you need to be sad to really appreciate what it's like to be happy

And you need to be happy to realize it gets better when things are dark.

Maybe you lose people who mean the world to you

But that's okay too.

Maybe they leave without a word

Or maybe they leave with paragraphs with your name scribbled messily on the first line

But however they leave

Let them.

That's their own choice.

If you want to burden yourself with the memory of them then go ahead.

May I say however that things don't get easier over time

You just learn to live with it and accept it.

Because once you accept that you are indeed flawed, imperfect, and incapable of ever being someone else

Or that the person will never come back despite your prayers, wishes, and make believe situations in your head

Only then will you find true happiness within yourself. "

M.G.C

-

I finished the poem with my initials and then closed my journal, smiling softly to myself. "Daddy!" I heard a small voice call and I hummed.

"Yes doll?"

My little girl jumped on to my lap and I laughed as she pushed her blonde hair out of her face. "Daddy, I wanna ask you a question." She said as she clutched on to a teddy bear.

"You should already be asleep." I said and she pouted, looking up at me with large hazel eyes.

"Please daddy?"

"Alright, what is it?"

"Who's she?" She asked me, pointed to an old picture of Calum, Aleigha, and I. We were at a concert, the two of us were dripping in sweat and she was laughing because Ashton was pulling a dumb face while taking the picture. "I never see her around."

"She's gone sweetheart. She's with mummy now." I said and she looked up at me.

"In Heaven?"

"Yes honey."

"Uncle Cal always tells me I act like her. He has the same picture in his house." She told me and I nodded.

"That's cause she was an old friend of our's. A very good friend." I told her as I ran my fingers through her hair. "She was the first girl daddy ever loved."