Thirty Four (tw)

- here's another poem I've written awhile back, again, if you're gonna use, please ask before you do it xx -

Aleigha's point of view

"Mayday Parade?" Calum asked me as he sat down beside me. I looked at him and nodded, smoke escaping my parted lips in the direction opposite from his face.

"Yeah, I'm in love with their music." I said and he nodded. "Came out here to have a drag too?"

"Yeah, didn't expect to see you out here though." He said and I shrugged as I placed the cigarette between my lips again.

He did the same, setting one between his lips and lighting it with a nice lighter. "Let me see that." I said and he handed me the lighter.

I turned it and looked it, chuckling lightly. "A fan gave it to me. She said she didn't like me smoking, but it's my life and she respects my choices." He said and I nodded. "Like it?"

"Just a tad impressed a fan would give you merch of your own band." I said cause it has lyrics to his own song.

"I just need another hit, you're the thing that I can't quit."

"It's cool, don't be like that." He said and we both laughed as I handed him back his lighter. I pulled mine out and then showed it to him. "That's nice."

"It was my grandfather's." I said, showing him the square, metal lighter. "He was the one who understood me mostly. I'd walk to his house, since it was like down the street, and he'd tell me stories to help me get my mind off of stuff."

"Did he pass?" Calum asked and I nodded. "I'm so sorry."

"It's fine. We all have our due date." I said, taking an extra long hit from my cigarette. "His was a year ago, ours is god knows when."

"Yeah..." He said and I smashed the cigarette, quickly pulling another out. "Are you a chainsmoker?"

"No," I said and shook my head. "I don't smoke often, but when I do, it's quite a few."I told him as I lit it.

He nodded as I placed it between my lips. "Is Michael asleep?" I asked, a hot feeling over me cause of the cigarette. It was relaxing almost.

"Yeah, I just got back from his bedroom." He said and held up a red notebook. I laughed and he nodded. "So what's this?"

"My advice, life lessons, and days that I wanted to share with Michael." I said and he nodded. "Why?"

"He only posted a picture of it and told the world it makes him happy." He said and I nodded. "Mind if I open it?"

"It's not mine, don't you see the name?" I asked and he cracked it open. "Oh yeah sure, I won't tell Michael. Your secret is safe with me."

Calum laughed and rolled his eyes as he set the cigarette between his lips as he looked at it. "I'm gonna read this outloud."

"Okay..." I said, slightly unsure because I don't remember what I wrote. I've written a lot of things to Michael.

"Your words were like poison
And once you said them
They flooded my veins and filled my brain
And now they're all I hear at night
And all I hear while I look in the mirror
And maybe I need a doctor to help me out
Because the poison in my veins is circulating
And now they're taking over my world
And all I can do is sit here
And try to bleed the words out onto these papers
And hope and pray that maybe
Just maybe
I can rip each and every one out of my system
Before they completely take over
And maybe
Just maybe
This poison won't kill me before that happens."