Chapter Three

Unedited

Colony six: Ineffectual Division

At precisely six in the morning, a hard double knock was heard. Annika, Raven and their mother Mary looked at one another with huge grins on their faces. This was it. The moment that open was open they wouldn't have to worry about food or their safety for twenty-four hours. They will be treated to a full day of carefree relaxation. With that in mind, the women were quick to grab their overnight bags and rushed to open the door.

Raven, who had been unable to sleep due to the excitement of finally seeing another division, was first to reach the door. She swung the door opened with some much force it slammed into the wall leaving a small dent.

''Raven!'' Mary shouted in anger. ''Be careful.''

'' Sorry mom.'' Replied Raven looking towards her mother. '' I guess I am just a little too excited.'' Turning back towards the door all she saw was black. She slowly looked up until her brown eyes locked with crystal green eyes. Whoa! Raven was instantly mesmerized by those eyes. They were whirlpools dragging her in. Everything around her seemed to fade into nothing, everything but those green eyes. Distantly she heard someone calling her name but she couldn't turn away to see who. It wasn't until those green eyes looked away the world came crashing back.

'' RAVEN!''

'' Huh?.. What?'' Jerking her head to the right the next set of eyes she met were the angry hazel ones of her mother. Raven looked around only to notice everyone was looking at her. Well everyone except green eyes. He had his back to her. And what a fine back it is. All well muscled and -. She was rudely yanked out of her eye raping by none other than her irritating sister Annika.

'' You know... I could go get a bucket for all the drool sis.'' Annika said while laughing at her. Embarrassed Raven quickly swiped at her mouth. Turning towards her sister Raven angrily hissed. ''Shut up Annika. I was not drooling.'' Annika just laughed harder at her. Opening her mouth Raven was about to rip her sister a new one when a voice so cold that she actually shivered spoke first.

'' Excuse me ladies but we are on a schedule, so follow us to the car''

Raven turned back to the doorway only to notice that two men were walking towards a black SUV parked in front of their house. Two men? Where did the second one come from? She had been so engrossed with green eyes that she failed to notice another man stood beside him. Even though she had not noticed him at first she did now. How could I have missed him? He was huge. All she was able to see was his back but that was enough for her to know this man was not to be taken lightly. There was this aura of danger around him.

'' Raven. Annika. Enough. Let's go.'' Their mother whispered harshly to them as she followed the two Halo Soldiers.

Quickly grabbing her overnight bag, Raven bumped her sister as they both rushed to follow their mother out the door. Well, at least I will get a chance to talk with green eyes along the way. Raven thought happily.

Colony Six: Medical Division

I should have stayed home. Annika thought. The moment she and her family stepped out the black SUV in front of a red bricked house,all eyes were immediately on them. People were staring at them as if they were aliens that beamed down from the fucking sky.

" Why are the staring at us like that? '' Raven asked annoyed. " It's not like they haven't seen people from our division before.''

" I don't know; however, it could be because we are being escorted by two giant Halo Robots. '' Annika replied sarcastically.

'' Annika, watch what you say.'' Turning to her daughter, Mary gave a disapproving look. '' We are not in our division; the people here may not take to kindly to your words of malice towards their protectors.''