Chapter Five

Canberra, Australia

The year 2026.

Eight Year after the start of World War Three, Seven men met in secret to discuss possible solutions to end the war. Each representing a different country. The only problem was after eight years of fighting and killing one another they couldn't seem to actually agree on anything. Even though they wanted peace, the hatred, and detestation that they develop during the war harden and festered their hearts with malice. It was supposed to be a meeting about stopping the war but all they seemed to do is argue; about who started the war, who was to blame and which country should be held responsible.

'' America had nothing to do with any bombings of Asia or Africa,'' said a representative of America. '' And we damn sure did not have anything to do with the poisoning of any crops and waterways .''

'' Given your country's' history of violence and espionage, I find that hard to believe.'' snorted a representative of Africa.

'' Oh, and Africa has never spilled any blood or try to sneak your people in countries to gather their defense protocols?'' The American stood up, slapping his hands against the hard wooden table, leaning over into the African representative's' face. '' I happen to know for a fact that in 2021 your ''oh so innocent government'' was involved in the slaughter of over two hundred people in Andorra, Europe by means of poisoning their livestock.''

After a quick glance at the representative of Europe, the African representative angrily shot out of his seat sending a deadly glare in the American representative direction.'' That-,'' He was cut off by the representative of Antarctica, who stood up and angrily growled at them to stop their childish bickering.

'' We are not accomplishing anything by sitting here and arguing over events that happen in the past.'' Taking a deep calming breath and sitting back in his seat, he ran a hand tiredly through his hair before he spoke again. '' War brings out the worst in people; including the killing of innocents. Which is why we are all gathered here to put an end to it.''

The American and African representative- glaring at one another- both slowly sat back in their seats. The crisis had been avoided for a little while but not two hours later, arguing would be heard again. It was a continual cycle. They would try to come up with answers to stop the war but then a representative would accuse another of whatever they thought another did. Two hours they sat and accomplished nothing but headaches and future threats. It seemed like all hope for peace would be imposable. Little did they know that while they were continuously arguing, three men had been in the shadows watching them. That was until the mysterious men made themselves known.

Just as the representative for South America was about to punch the lights out of the representative from Australia-for accusations of bombing their Air Force base- the mystery step forward and cleared their throats loudly. Instantly all eyes were on them.

'' Who the fuck are you?" said one of the representatives, shocked that three strange men appeared so suddenly.

'' Who we are, is of no importance." One of the mystery men said, stepping more into the light that surrounded the small group. '' But what we have to say is.'' The other two men that were with him stepped up beside him.

'' This meeting was held in secret,how do you know its location and date?'' said the representative of Asia. Frowning at the three men.

'' We could tell you or you could listen to our proposal to cease this bloody war?'' said the second mystery men.

" Oh, and what proposal would that be?'' inquired the American representative, looking at them suspiciously. He didn't trust them. No one but the seven of them knew of this meeting and yet three men appear from a dark corner in the room they were sitting in. How the hell could no-one have seen or heard them? Not to mention they stood there for over three hours. Yes, they were definitely suspicious men.

The same mystery man that spoke first walked over to the round table and laid down seven identical documents that had the words Confidential in bold letters. Each representative looked at the documents in a dubious way. Slowly picking them up they began to read about a project called Halo. Towards the end of their reading, each had a look of disgust and horror on their faces.

Throwing the document, like it was acid burning his hand, on the table hard, the Antarctica rep turned and looked at the three men in revulsion. '' You actually expect us to consider this?'' he asked in astonishment. These men were crazy.

" Yes, we do.''

'' You must be nuts if you think that we are going to give you a thousand male babies to experiment on.''

The third mystery man who had yet to speak broke his silence. " It will not be an experiment. We have already done the research and tests to say without a doubt it will.''

'' You have proof?'' asked the representative from Asia curiously. Several of the other representatives heads snapped in his direction. Was was he nuts to even be considering this?

'' Yes.'' The third mystery man looked at the second mystery man and nodded his head. The second man walked over to the door and opened it. Two boys that looked around eleven or twelve walked in with five men all dressed in black. The boys came to stop in front of them in attention with their arms held behind their back. Each representative studied the boys; who eyes were as cold and lifeless as the dead, they shivered from those desolate eyes. Would this happen to their children if they were to give in?

'' What happen to them?'' whispered the representative from Austrailia, staring at one of the boys whose face had a gruesome scar on his face. The other boy had a ghastly gash on his forehead that looked new.

'' Battle happen?'' The third man replied.

'' Battle? My god! They can't be any older than thirteen, what are they doing fighting in a war?'' demanded the American angrily.

'' Their age holds no factor in their skills. I can assure you that these two soldiers had defeated dozens of your own soldiers.''

'' You mean to tell me that these two children can out manure a fully trained soldier, twice his age and strength?'' replied the representative from Africa sardonically. '' I would love to see them.''

The third mystery man walked over to his prized soldiers and stood behind them. '' Would you like a demonstration of their skills?''

The representatives whom at first was repulsed by the idea of baby soldiers were now a little intrigued. They looked at each another and knew from the look in the other eyes that they wanted to see what these children can do.

The demonstration that they were shown sealed the deal for the Halo Project. 

*****************************************************************

I am on a roll with this book. Lol. Anyway, I have not forgotten my other book Freedom and Bondage. I will update it hopefully tommorow or friday.