Chapter Eighteen

Unedited

Colony Six: Military District ( Underground Secret Base)

Raven the reports were about you and Annika.

No matter how many times that dreaded statement echoed inside of Raven's head, she couldn't believe that that was what she had heard. She wouldn't believe it. Why would there be records on her and her sister? They were nobodies; living day by day to survive in a nightmarish district. They held no special traits that needed watching. Thier intelligence was average and neither had combat training; unless fighting on the streets with local thugs and jealous women was consider combat training. It made no sense to Raven why anyone would have reported on them and she let her father know as much.

For the first time since reuniting with his family, a small smile appeared on Eric's face. His daughters had no clue how truly amazing they were. Eric considered Annika to be his daughter. Always have and always will. The way she had been conceived would always be horrendous to him but when he saw her on the sonogram his heart skipped several beats and love for their child started to grow. Allric may have forcibly made her but he will always be her daddy. Raven and Annika were one-half of his soul and Mary the other half. He was incredibly fortunate to have three phenomenal women in his life and no one will take them away from him. But now his baby girl was sitting on the dirt floor hurting and in shock of all the recent events. Providing comfort was becoming extremely hard to resist but he knew now was not the time for that. Raven had to know the truth. The whole truth. The truth that would more than most likely make her and Annika hate them but he longer had a choice. Still, he was a father and had to offer some sort of comfort no matter how small. '

' Even without the reports you girls are amazing,'' He said,voice full of pride. '' Living in a decadent district would turn many people into savages. Easily, they forget their humanity and become cold, heartless people that prey on one another. True, they only become that way to survive but they forgot that no one can survive alone. You and Annika grew up surrounded around those people and the poor conditions that were forced on us and still you two grew to have loving and caring hearts. You did not let your environment influence you, instead, you follow your own path. So, when I say that you girls are remarkable please believe it to be true.'' Smiling gently at his daughter, Eric let his words sink into Raven. He truly believed every word that had been spoken.

Raven saw the truth in her father's eyes. Heard it in his voice. She knew that he really believe what he was saying. She wanted to believe him, she really did but her father had been gone these last few years and she was no longer that innocent pure girl he once knew. No longer would she ever be considered innocent and pure especially not since last year. Those words of praise belonged solely to her older sister. Annika would never have degraded herself like she did. Turning away from her father's eyes, Raven couldn't bear the love and pride she saw in them. It would break his heart if he knew how much of a whore she had become.

Raven desperately needed a distraction. She knew her parents wanted to tell her something important. Something that would most likely damage her further but dammit she needed a break. A heart could only take so much pain and pain is what she knew awaited her. Slowly getting up from the ground she looked at her surroundings for the first time. It truly was amazing. Yes, it was an underground dirt cave but it was made to resemble a room. It was small and circular shaped with two low burning torches attached to both sides of the wall by a makeshift door. Raven guessed that the door led into the first room she had arrived it. There was one chair but her parents occupied it. On the ground ,where she woke up, there were thick blankets made into a pallet. There wasn't make to keep her distraction but still Raven walked around the small room pretending to take interest in anything. Out the corner of her eyes, she noticed her mom giving her dad a certain look,her mother knew she was procrastinating and the answering look her father gave back said he also knew. Raven turned her back to her parents lowering her head to look at the ground.