Chapter Seven

An hour and a half until Medical District

Unedited

Annika was slowly but surely losing it, sitting in this car with Nathaniel so close to her. Smelling his natural masculine scent in theses tight corners was driving her crazy. All kinds of naughty and dirty images were popping up in her mind making her clutch her legs closed to put some pressure on her aching core. Her heart had been pounding since she sat down in the car not from panic or fear but something much more primitive... Lust.

It seemed like every since she laid eyes on him, she had been coming across emotions and desires that she had spent the last seventeen years never feeling. Raven always said that she thought Annika might be gay because she never showed any interest in the boys or men of their district. And why would she? Most of the male population in their district were disgusting pigs Or worst horny dogs, looking to fuck anything with a vagina. Not to mention the so called gangster types; romancing a girl until she let her guard down then robbing them of their little possessions. So yeah, no thank you to all of that. That still didn't explain why she was so aroused by the enemy;and he was the WORST of enemies. A Halo fucking soldier.

Growing up all Annika heard was how heartless and cruel they were. Not one to be taken in by rumors that always seemed to spread like fire in her district she ignored them. Until the day she saw for herself that those rumors with true and the gossip facts.

{FLASHBACK}

'' Nika, slow down, you know I can't run as fast as you,'' Eight-year-old Raven panted trying to catch up with her older sister.

Ten-year-old Annika stopped and turned around narrowing her eyes at her. Raven knew how dangerous it was to remain outside with delivery packages. The Supply truck that came twice a month giving food,clothes and medicine were very generous this time and she didn't want to get robbed on the way home. Their mother was attacked last time and was currently at home nursing a broken ankle and arm from fighting to protect their packages. Mama needed this medicine as soon as possible, she was in a lot of pain.

'' Hurry up, do you want to get attacked like mama did?'' She hissed. Raven eyes went wide and after a quick glance around, she found new energy and started running faster. Relieved Annika went to start running again when a loud heartbreaking scream draws her attention. Two houses from where she stood a white woman was being held down in the dirt by a man and her husband was pressed against the door while another man held a gun to his head. She instantly knew those men were not ordinally soldiers by their black uniforms that he wore. They were Halo. She watched wide eyed as another Halo soldier casually walked out of their house with a small crying bundle in his arm. Their baby.

'' No! Please don't take my son!'' The women cried loudly. Trying to throw the man that held her down with, her arms locked behind her, off her. '' He is our only child. We can't have anymore. The watchers forbade it. So, please. Oh God please have mercy on us,'' The man just continue walking, like he did not her,w towards the military truck. '' Please, just let me hold him one last time, touch him, tell him goodbye. Please,'' The women begged tearing running down her face making a small puddle where her head rested on the ground. Annika, even though she was only ten, heart broke for the poor mother.

It was in that moment she saw the true cruelty of the Halo Soldiers because when the husband tried to push the Halo soldier off him to run after his son, a single but loud gunshot was heard and the man's body fell lifeless to the ground. His eyes staring straight at her. Annika stood frozen her hazel eyes connecting with his dead pale blue ones. She couldn't believe what just happen. Did they really just kill a man for wanting to hold his son for the last time?

Tears were falling from her eyes blinding her so that the man's eyes were blurry and a loud wailing sound was hurting her ears, then stopped as soon as it had started. If Annika had been able to see clearly she would have seen the woman thrashing against the man that was holding her down. She would have seen the desolated look in the woman's eyes. She would have seen the Halo that was holding her down snap her neck then walked towards the car and drove away. Leaving the lifeless woman's body in the dirt.

Feeling someone pulling on her arm, Annika let Raven lead her away from witnessing anymore. A deep hate started to form in her of all things military and of those Watchmen. After that day Annika eyes had become open to all things that she would have just ignored before. The crime that they were forced to commit against each another to survive when other districts lived bountifully, while those here were left starving to death and dying from the merest cut that led to deadly infections that clean water could have prevented. The hunger that she and the people of her district had to suffer because someone decided that they were useless and were placed in this hell district to die slowly.

Annika decided then and there that one way or another she would somehow join the rebellions that she had heard so much about. They wanted to bring the Watchmen's Tyranny to an end and put a stop to the Halo Project. One day she will fight for the right of all women, who wanted to hold and kiss their babies every night. One day she will for the right to have as many babies as you want. One day she will be the downfall of those Halo Soldiers.

One Day...

{Flashback Ends}

Guilt attacked all sides of Annika's subconscious. Where the hell is your self-respect? He is a soldier. A fucking Halo soldier at that! You hate them! Her conscience tried to talk some sense into her. Tried being the word but once again her mind went back to that long scar on his face that led down to the unknown. An unknown Annika wanted to explore very badly. But he is a baby snatcher and murder, how could you want him. Her conscience was right of course. For years she admired the Freedom Fighters; a group of people that rebelled against the Watchmen's despotism wanted to become one. Well, how in the hell can she think to become one if she wanted a certain Halo to do all things naughty to her sexually excited body. And just where in the hell was all this sexual stimulation in the past. Sneaking a look at Nathaniel, Annika knew it was because no man in her district could hold a candle to him, let alone a lighter.

Annika made a decision. A decision that was unlike her but what would put an end to all these confusing emotions and unwanted desires. Annika decided that she was gonna seduced, Nathaniel . That way he would be out of her system and she could go back to hating him and those Halo soldiers.

Now that her mind had a solution to her body's problem she felt once more in control of her life. A devious smile began to form on her mouth.

Yes, I will fuck him and move on.

*****************************************************

A quick chapter. Annika about to become a SEDUCTRESS. Lol. I was thinking the next chapter in Nate pov. What do you think, or maybe both? I don't know yet?