Chapter Four

Colony Six: Medical Division

Mrs. Debora and her husband Owen were a kind,elderly white couple, who allowed people from other districts to stay in their home during their visit. Their smile gave a warm and welcoming feeling that put Annika at ease the moment they opened the door and greeted them. Annika had heard rumors from other people in their district about some of the housers being vicious and unwelcoming. Why would you even become a houser if you dislike housing visitors?

They were sitting in the living room drinking what Mrs. Debora called green tea. Annika never heard of it but it tasted delicious. Mrs. Debora and her husband were across from them on a love seat, Annika and her family were on the couch, while the halo soldiers stood,one by the window and the other at the doorway opening. sipping from the pale pink tea cup, Annika looked around the small but comfortable living room. It was very serene and relaxed feeling. The walls were painted white with a beautiful rose embroiled mirror hanging behind the couch she and her family were sitting on. There hung a chandelier from the ceiling that gave off a soft light. To the right of her were two window doors that led to a small back yard. This house was very different from her home, Where the paint was peeling from the walls and the windows boarded up so thieves and rapist wouldn't be able to get in.

The only thing that was looked like it didn't belong were the two dark and menacing soldiers.

what were they still doing here?  Weren't they only to escort us to the housers right? Well, mission accomplished. So why are they hovering around still?

''-right Annika?'' Her sister Raven said excitedly.

Annika was so caught up in her own thoughts she didn't hear what her sister said. '' Um. Yeah.'' She answered quickly.Not wanting her mother and their houseres know that she had been daydreaming . '' Right.'' Having no clue as to what she just agreed upon.

Mary tried her hardest not to laugh at her oldest daughter... She knew Annika didn't know what she was agreeing to.

 Mrs. Debora gave a tense smile at the small family. '' Owen will send out the requests immediately.'' Request? What Request? Annika thought suddenly afraid of what her sister had done and she had agreed to. A quick glance at her sisters' wide smile and her mothers knowing grin she came to the conclusion that whatever it was she would most likely hate it.

'' A request is not needed.'' Tall, dark and delicious stated. '' We will escort them.'' Escort us where? Oh God, why didn't I pay attention?

'' That's even better,'' Raven said gleefully. Staring at the red-headed soldier, who was paying her absolutely no attention. Instead,he was frowning over at his fellow soldier; clearly not liking the suggestion.

Oh God!

'' Well when you come back we will have a quick lunch and then visit some of our medical wards.'' Mrs. Debora said uneasily. Wait did she sound nervous?

Oh God!

'' You are not coming with us?'' Annika asked shocked. Housers accomplished their guest everywhere during their visit.

Mr. Owen cleared his throat and spoke for the first time. '' Usually, we would but since you have two Halo soldiers as escorts there seems to be no need.'' Mr. Owen answered quickly. Why did he look so uneasy? What the hell did Raven get us into?

Oh God!

Annika was freaking out, but played it cool on the outside; She didn't know what the hell was going on? Where were they going? Why did their housers look troubled? WHAT THE HELL DID RAVEN GET US INTO? She looked at her mother with questioning eyes. Hoping her mother would take pity on her and give her some kind of clue as to what was going on. Annika knew her mother knew she was clueless about the situation. All she got was a smirk in return. Geez thanks, mom.

Annika looked towards the reason why she was currently oblivious. Damn him and his sexiness. Standing there wrecking havoc on her poor unsuspecting body and mind.  Now that she thought about it, she didn't even know his or the other soldier name. I mean it seems like they will be sticking with them for a while so she should at least know their names. Right?

Turning towards Mr. I can teach you all things naughty, she asked. ''Can we at least know what your names are since it seems like we will be spending more time together?''

Cold silver eyes turned to lock with her hazel ones. A shiver went through her that caused Annika to shift uncomfortably on the couch. Damn him.  A small cough made her look at her sister, who had a knowing smirked on her face. Damn her.

''Nathaniel.'' Annika froze at the sound of his voice. It was sultry but husky at the same time. It did things to her body that she never experienced before. There were plenty of boys and men in her district that was appealing to the eyes but they never captured her attention like this Nathaniel had. Annika was confused; she hated soldiers, especially Halo soldiers. What were the odds that the first male she would be attracted to was freaking Halo soldier? Very slim almost nonexistent, yet she could not deny that her heart was racing and her body was aroused.

''Christian'' The red head soldier said impassively. Raven instantly perked up at hearing the red-head soldiers' name. '' Christian huh?'' Raven beamed. '' I think I will call you Chris for short.'' Christian scowled at Raven, clearly not liking the nickname.

''Okay then, now that we all know one another names, how about we get going, I really would like to visit the medical facilities soon.'' Their mother said, quickly standing up from the couch, officially interrupting anything the Halo Soldier was about to say.

Annika and Raven both stood beside their mother. Raven anxious to leave and Annika nervous because she still had no clue as to where they were heading. Christian moved from the glass doors to stand beside Nathaniel at the front door. '' We will go over the rules and procedures on the way.'' Nathaniel said opening the door and walking out followed by Christian. 

Rules and procedures? Annika thought nervously. Just where in the hell were they going that required rules and procedures? 

Oh God!

As Annika, Raven and their mother were walking towards the door Annika stops her mom by putting her hand on her shoulder. ''Ok, mom, I know you know that I have no clue where we are going so please tell me?'' Annika asked, stretching the word, please. Mary turned towards her with a sly smirk and said the words that almost caused Annika to faint.

'' To the military division sweety.'' With those words being said Mary walked out the door calmly with a little grin on her face leaving Annika frozen with wide eyes and dread in her heart.

Oh God!

                                                      ********** Military Division **********

'' Sir, I have just been informed that she with her family are currently on their way here.'' 

Hanging up the phone, the man smiled, anxiously awaiting his beloved.

Soon, my love, we will be together.. Again.