Chapter Twenty-Two

For those of you who couldn't see twenty-one. Follow me and then go on my main page and click the highlighted link. It will lead you to the private book. If you have any problems with that inbox. Trust me, you will be confused in future chapters if you don't read it. 

Unedited

Colony Six: Military District ( Underground Secret Base)

Raven was floored. Literally. Collapsed on the ground she stared up,shocked, at the man who stole and crushed her heart. He stood in front of her,looking down at her. How? What was he doing here? With her father at that. It had been only a year but she noticed subtle changes in his appearance. Once his jet black hair had been cut close to his head but it now hung like silk reaching the end of his neck. Skin tone that was once a beautiful chalky white, was tanned. Darker. She guessed from constantly being out in the sun. The tan made his Asian features more evident. His body was also more defined than a year ago. He packed on more muscle. All in All, he looked fucking sexy as hell. Which pissed her off.

While she had been heartbroken and suffering, this fucker had been working out and becoming even hotter. Fisting her hands in anger. Raven shook in rage. How many women had he fucked? How many countless women had he held in those muscular arms-whispering sweet nothings to? Made promises to. Only to leave them in the end.

She broke eye contact. She lowered her head to look at the ground. There were so many questions she had wanted to ask him. She wanted to yell. Scream. All her past pain at him. But that was what is was. Past pain. True, she had every intention of finding him and confronting him. That was the reason the only reason- she had wanted to come to this district. But now, it all seemed irrelevant. Everything that has happen, was still happening, took priority. Yes. Their meeting would have to wait.

'' Raven, are you okay?'' She cringed. Raven hated that his voice was still so smooth. Still made her shiver. Although, it wasn't as effective as it once was. He placed a large hand on her head. It was meant to be comforting. Soothing. Like it had been in the past. He would always touch her head and she would instantly feel at ease. When he would wrap his lean arms around her, she would feel safe. Now. Now his touch anger her. Shaking his hand from her head, she slowly got to her feet. She kept her head lower; afraid she would become weak in the knees again if she looked at him. Priorities. Christian.

'' Now is not the time for this. I am going to find Christian and...'' She finally looked up but passed him. Determined. '' I will not be deterred,'' Priorities. She went to step around him. He held out his arm to block her. She paused.

'' Raven, that is not a good idea,'' Brown eyes clashed with black eyes as she finally looked at him. Priorities, Raven. Be strong, Raven. She told herself when she felt her legs shake slightly.

'' Who are you to tell me that. To stop me,'' Good. Her voice came out strong. The complete opposite of how she felt.

His eyes soften. But she saw traces of guilt. Good. He should feel guilty for what he did to her. He fucking destroyed her. '' Move. Now,'' she demanded. He continued to stare at her. His arm still blocking her way.

'' Raven,'' She turned towards her mother, startled, she had forgotten her mother and father were in the room with them. Did they not think the recent interaction was weird? '' We understand more than you know the need to see Christian. But we can not allow it,'' Her mother's voice was gentle but sounded finale.

Raven narrowed her eyes at her mother. A frown formed on her face. This wasn't the first time her mother had said she understood how she felt. What exactly did she mean by that? '' How would you know how I feel, mother? Are you a mind reader as well as a genius?'' she snapped. Raven was overwhelmed. Emotionally. Never in her life had she disrespected her parents. But she was exhausted. Mentally. To tired of holding any anger and despair back. She just wanted to see Christian. To make sure he was alright. To stare into his crystal green eyes and feel something other than hate. Despair. Loneliness. Anything.

She saw something in her mother's eyes. Guilt. That was unexpected. Her mother was not one to tolerated disrespect from her daughters. She can still feel the lingering pain of many asses whippings her mother dished out. So for her mother to not respond to her insolence caused her to become slightly uneasy.

'' No, Raven. I am no mind reader,'' Why was her mother's voice so sad. '' I just tempered with... your mind and body. That's how I know what you are feeling. It's how everyone here knows what your feeling. ''

'' what?'' Raven asked confused. What the heck was she talking about? Tempered with my mind and body? Impossible. '' What are you talking about?''

Her mother went to take a step to her but stopped. Almost like she was afraid of what Raven's reaction would be. Instead, she wrapped her arms around herself. '' As we told you before I am a Behavioral Scientist and your father a Geneticist...'' Her voice trailed off. She seemed to be finding a way to word her next phrase. Raven watched puzzled by her mother's inability to continue. Another first. '' When... When found out that the Watchmen were experiencing on babies with the serum your father and I had created, we were appalled and ashamed to what we had created. We thought- it was to be used on adult Halo soldiers only, not an adolescent, let alone an under develop mind. We thought we would be helping keep order in the colonies...We thought-We thought we were helping preserve future life; not killing it!'' Her mother cried out hysterically towards the end. Tears streaking down her face.

Raven rubbed a spot just above her heart. Her mother radiated so much misery and pain, it radiated throughout the small room. Years. Her parents carried this pain for years. She felt like such a bitch. They way she had spoken to them. As if they were her enemy. She wanted to go to her mother and take away the pain. The hurt. But she knew nothing she could ever do would take it away. She stayed still. Watching as her father comforted her mother. Wrapping his arms around her. Whispering in her ear. She felt like an intruder. Peeking in on their private moment. She lowered her head to give them privacy. Only for it to shoot up when her father spoke.

Arms still wrapped around his wife, he was now looking towards her. '' We stop all research and for the next few months sent reports of failed progress. We knew they, the Watchmen, were becoming, agaited. They would soon find others to replace us. And we were fine by that. No longer would we have a hand in the murder of innocents. The problem was, at that time, Annika. The Watchmen were-are malevolent. We feared they would become vengeful and harm her or any future kids we had. You, Raven. So, although, we had stopped improving the serum, we created a new serum. One that... binds,''

'' Binds? Binds what exactly?'' Raven said breathlessly. Slowly backing up until she hit something hard. Looking up. She noticed it was him. He had a forlorn look on his face. Her chest constricted. She had a bad feeling. When her father didn't answer she looked towards him. '' Tell me!'' she shouted at him, shaking. '' Binds what!?''

Her father looked her in eyes. There was the crushing look of guilt again. '' People, Raven, It binds two people together. More specifically, it bound Annika and you to Halo soldiers.''

****************************************************

So I was gonna write more but my meddling husband is getting annoying. He also read my books and is a fan but he just loves pointing out all the grammar mistakes. Even though I tell him all my chapters are unedited until I finish the book. Then to add he ALWAYS asking what is gonna happen next. Like seriously, Thursday night he wakes me up at 1 something in the damn morning ,when he came home from work, talking about'' Hey, baby, why Raven's chapter is not up yet. I saw you in the kitchen making notes and shit,'' I kicked the fucked out of his head. I really did kick him in the head. Lol. He a huge fan of Raven. Always be stalking my laptop and phone trying to see the next chapter about her. Urgh, even now his white ass-Yes, I am married to a white man- in the front room with his laptop waiting. 

I know your ass gonna read this but you really are annoying. I'm needing some Cherry Garica ice cream if you want me to write the next chapter soon. Lol.

Oh, and I hoped everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving.