Chapter Eight

Okay, so I decided that Chapter Nine will be in Nate's Pov. That being said I wanted to give yall a little of Nate's history. Trust me there is more but here is a little sneak peek into his past. More will be given in future chapters. One more thing... My book has reached passed a thousand views. YAYYYYY! Thank you all so much.

*****************************************************

Unedited

Colony 6: District Breeding

Nathaniel: One Day Old

A woman who was screaming in pain- was laying down on top on a birthing bed, as a doctor and two nurses entered the room wearing whites scrubs and face masks.

'' Has the patient been prepped?'' He asked as he was putting purple medical gloves.

'' Yes.'' answered one of the nurses.

'' Okay let us proceed.''

The doctor sat on the metal stool, that was placed between the woman's legs. The nurse who had spoken earlier- lift the woman's grown and adjusted the overhead light so that it was angle directly on the woman's pelvic area.

'' Okay miss, I am going to need you to push and then count to ten and push again. Do you understand?''

'' Yes.'' A low strained reply was heard.

The woman pushed and pushed but no matter how hard she tried the baby's head would not crown.After five minutes of her constantly pushing the doctor was baffled as to why the baby would not show itself. The soon started gasping loudly and her body lifting off the table. The nurses ran to hold the woman down with straps that were on the side of the bed so she would not fall off the bed. The doctor quickly stood up. '' Nurse,'' he yelled urgently. '' We have to do a cesarean, set up the tools'' As the nurses went to set-up, the doctor started to fill a syringe with some sort of yellow fluid- with a sorrow filled face- dispensed it into the iv that was implanted in the woman's arm. The liquid would kill the woman in less than a minute. He didn't want to but he knew the dire consequences that he would face if this child was to die. A few seconds later the woman's body stop thrashing and laid still as life left her.

Fifteen minutes a black haired, gray eyed baby was born. He did not cry or wine but opened his eyes and looked at the doctor. A shiver went through the doctor. This baby had looked at him like he studying him in some way. It was frightening. He quickly handed the baby off to one of the nurses unnerved by the baby's gaze. Just as he was about to close the cut he made to retrieve the baby, a slight movement inside caught his attention. What is that? He wondered to himself. He put his hand back inside the woman's womb and felt something moved against his hand. It couldn't be. The doctor placed his other hand inside and with a shocked face he brought another baby into the world. Turning to the nurses, who's faces also held shocked expressions. '' Get Stohen-wise immediately.''

Unknown Location: Halo Training Grounds

Nathaniel: Five years old

In an underground room, A group of young boys sat and watched as two of their fellow peers were fighting. The dark haired one-named Nathaniel- sent a hard left punch to the cheek of a blond boy. The blond boy fell to the ground hard breathing hard unable to stand due to the numerous of injuries he sustained during the fight. At that moment when the young blond boy could not stand anymore, a dark haired man with green eyes unlocked the cage that held the two boys. He walked over and stood over the blond boy with a hard look in his eyes.

Kneeling down he grabs the boy by the hair and looked him in the eyes. .'' Weakness is not tolerated here,'' Letting the boy's hair go, the boy's head slammed back onto the ground. '' WeaKness in the battlefield leads to death, and death is something you are not allowed,'' Standing to his feet he walked over to Nathaniel and stopped in front of him. '' Weakness is not permitted in soldiers. Soldiers feel no pain and if they do then they are not soldiers; they are useless men that need to be disposed of.'' The man then stepped away Nathaniel. Nathaniel walked over to the boy laying on the ground and took his head between his hands and snapped his neck.