04: Vanessa

"I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND how you're friends with him Ara. We hate him." James said, glaring at Arabella from across the table. The five marauders were currently at the library, writing the essay for McGonagall that they had forgotten to do over the summer.

"No, you guys hate him. I, however, don't." Arabella said, rolling her at James, focusing her attention back onto the essay she was writing. "Besides if you guys would stop hexing him for a second and actually get to know him, he's actually not that bad." James and Sirius rolled their eyes at this.

"But he's a slimy git." Sirius whined, giving up on trying to copy off of Remus.

Arabella merely rolled her eyes at the two. "Well, I am going back to the common room. Anyone want to come with me?" Arabella asked. James, Sirius, and Peter groaned and muttered a quiet "not finished." Remus on the other hand, put his essay in his bag and stood up.

"You don't hate Severus, do you Remus?" Arabella asked while they were on their way to the common room.

Remus sighed and rubbed his temples with his fingers. "I don't."

"Then why don't you stop them?" Arabella asked. Remus simply looked down and didn't answer. Arabella sighed and ran her fingers through her hair, muttering the password before entering the common room.

______

SAYING THAT Vanessa Peverell and Arabella Arroway hated each other was an understatement. They loathed each other. They despised each other. If one so much as breathes in the other's direction a world war would certainly arise. However, the two could not express these feelings of hatred towards each other because of one person; Sirius.

Imagine how Sirius would feel if he saw his girlfriend and his best friend down at each other's throats, or pulling each other's hair out. He would not be happy.

So when Arabella Arroway entered the common to fine Vanessa and her group of friends sitting there and hearing her name in conversation, she had to bite her tongue. For Sirius, she thought.

"Peverell." Arabella muttered.

Vanessa stood up and walked towards Arabella. "Arroway." She said in a sickly-sweet voice.

"Hello Remus." Vanessa said, turning slightly towards Remus, giving him a smirk.

Remus, clearly uncomfortable, rubbed his neck. "Uhhhhh, errr... hi Vanessa." He said, his eyes darting back and forth between the two girls.

"Okay, listen here you little bi-"Vanessa was cut off by the sound of the door opening, revealing James, Sirius, and Peter.

Sirius eyes' lit up when he saw the two girls talking. He walked over to them and put his arms around the two girls' shoulders. "How are my two favorite girls doing?" he grinned.

"Oh, we're perfect." Vanessa grinned back, giving him a peck on the cheek.

"Peachy." Arabella said in a strained voice, softly glaring at Vanessa.

"Great! Nothing makes me happier that seeing my two girls getting along." He gave Vanessa one last peck and ruffled Arabella's hair before walking to his dorm. Remus and James shot Arabella apologetic smiles and Peter just confusedly followed his friends.

Arabella shot one last glare at Vanessa before heading up to her own room. Once she entered, she found Lily already there reading a book. She fell face first on her bed with a groan. Lily looked up from her book, concerned for her friends.

"What's wrong?" Lily asked.

"The girlfriend." Arabella muttered, barely loud enough for Lily to hear.

Marlene McKinnon chose this moment to enter their dorm room. Once she saw Arabella laying face first on her bed, she turned to Lily. "What's up with her?"

Lily sighed before answering, "Vanessa."

Arabella sat up to look at Lily and Marlene, "I hate her so much." She groaned.

"Why? I mean I get that she's a total bitch and all. But why do you have this deep burning hatred for her when most of us just have a dislike for her?" Marlene asked, looking at Arabella. Lily nodded, agreeing.

"It's just that-"Arabella was cut off by Marlene continuing.

"I mean unless you're...Wait!" Marlene trailed off, then her eyes lighting up. "Holy shit! Arabella are you jealous of Vanessa? Do you like Sirius? I mean, I get it he's hot and you've known each other for so long it's bound to happen-"

Arabella's eyes went wide and immediately cut off Marlene's rambling, "What? Oh Merlin, NO! Sirius is basically like my annoying brother. Liking him would be too...weird."

Marlene and Lily looked at her skeptically before nodding and believing her, but something in their brain tells them otherwise.

_____

sorry for the short/filler chapter. i figured y'all were getting bored and it was time to introduce her to the girlfriend to get the ball rolling haha:) anyways if ya like vote and comment, they are always appreciated.

-arielle