43: Fucking Finally II

AUGUST 7, 1995
12 Grimmauld Place, 5:00 pm

THE HOUSE WAS ALMOST empty, a warm silence enveloped the halls of Sirius Black's old childhood home. There was no order meeting today, for today was a far more special event was taking place under the roof of this house.

In one room was Sirius Black, hands shaking as he tried and failed to fix his tie. He huffed as he struggled and sighing each time he failed. He cried out in frustration, causing Harry to laugh and make his way over to him. 

"Nervous?" Harry asked, smiling at his godfather as he fixed his tie for him.

"A little bit, yeah." Sirius replied shakily.

"How come?"

"I don't know, I just am."

"Don't worry about it too much, Sirius. It'll be fine. It's literally just you two, Cass, Remus, and I. Nothing could go wrong."

"You're right." 

"All done." Harry said, once he was finished with Sirius' tie.  "How are you feeling?"

"Nervous but beyond excited. I finally get to marry the love of my life."

"You're finally getting married!"

"Yeah, and it only took 16 years and a daughter. You don't think I'm rushing into this, right?" Sirius joked, getting more and more giddy with each passing moment.

"Come on, let's get you two married." Harry replied, rolling his eyes at the joke but a smile was present in his features.

In another room was Arabella Arroway. She stood in front of a mirror, admiring how she looked. She was in a white, knee length, long sleeved dress and flats. Her make-up was simple yet expertly done, and her hair was up in a loose updo. She smiled as her daughter fastened the clasp on the  necklace Sirius had given her in their fifth year, completing her look.

"You look amazing, mum." Cass smiled at her mother once she was finished. "Come on, Dad's waiting for us."

Arabella took a deep breath and nodded. "Let's go see your father."

Cass led her mother to a room in the house that Sirius' parents used for entertaining guests. It was a small ballroom that hadn't been used in recent years. The pair stood in front of the door, 

The room  was filled with floating candles, reminiscent of those found in Hogwarts, giving the room a soft yet warm lighting. White rose petals coated every inch of the wooded floors. Flowers and a few other simple decorative pieces were also carefully and meticulously placed around the room.

"I know it's not the most extravagant, but Harry and I were only given a day's notice on decorating and-" Cass said sheepishly, looking around the room.

"No, it's perfect darling. Thank you." Arabella said, cutting her off and giving her a hug. 

"You're welcome, mum. Here." Cass said, handing Arabella a bouquet of white lilies. Arabella had only one request for her wedding; she wanted her bouquet to be wite lilies, her best friend's favorite flower. It was her way of having Lily Evans at her wedding. 

With a flick of Cass' wand, music began playing. 

As soon as he heard music playing, Sirius Black turned around to face the woman he was about to marry. Tears began welling up in his eyes as she walked toward him, unable to keep a smile on his face. He wiped his tears with his coat's sleeve once she had reached him.

"Hi." he whispered. 

"Hi." she replied back. They both laughed as they turned to face the person who would be officiating their wedding, Remus Lupin.

"Well, you both waited 16 years for this so I'm going to keep this fairly short. I'm not letting you two wait another 16 years to get married." Remus joked, causing everyone in the room to laugh. 

Remus sighed and let the laughter die down before continuing, "For so long, you two thought the other stared at the ground when they were really looking at you. I'm glad you two finally realized how the other saw you, the moon and the stars. You brought light into each other's dark sky, not in a way that outshone the other but in a way that complimented it."

Sirius smiled as he remembered what Remus had told him in their fifth year. He chuckled as he thought back to the times that Remus and James had tried to convince him to tell Arabella what he felt.

"Sirius and Arabella, I'm the world's luckiest person for the gift of your friendship. I hope you know how much I cherish this gift and seeing you two standing here in front of me brings me immense pride and joy. You two-" Remus paused, tears welling up in his eyes as well. 

"You two are the most emotionally resilient people I know. After all you two have been through, nobody deserves this moment of peace and happiness more. It was a very long and difficult journey, thank Merlin we finally got here." Remus finished with a smile at the two. 

Sirius and Arabella engulfed him in a hug, tears streaming down all of their faces as they remembered the times both in and out of Hogwarts.

"Okay, so you two have prepared your own vows?" Remus asked once the hug was over. Sirius and Arabella nodded. "Why don't you go first, Ara?"

Arabella nodded and cleared her throat before proceeding, "Where do I even begin? I've always  wondered what was it about you that made me fall in love you? Was it your looks? Your charm? Your humor? Years passed and I still couldn't figure it out. Until, I saw you for the first time in 12 years. You looked disheveled, like you had been dragged through hell and back. Granted, you were. You no longer had that boyish charm or mischievous air that hung around you. But you were still you. And that's when I realized that I love you not because of some petty or some deep, meaningful reason, but because it just made sense. It made sense that I love you. It made sense that you would be the love of my life and it would make no sense at all to love anyone else but you. I love you just because. I love you because you're you. I love you because you're Sirius Black. And Sirius, I will continue to love you for the rest of my days and beyond."

"Sirius?"

"My Belle, I will not vow to you how I will love you, cherish you, appreciate you, etc. because I do not have to. I will continue to do those things regardless of whether or not vow or promise to do it today. Those things are pretty much involuntary for me. It's like breathing. So, my love, my vow to you is to be careful; to not be so reckless and to think. I made the worst mistake of my life when I decided to be reckless all those years ago. Had I not gone to Pettifgrew's, I wouldn't have to spend years away from you. So that is my vow because I'll be damned if I spend another 16 years without you."

There was not a dry eye in the room. The couple put on their rings and shared a kiss. Everyone present radiated joy for the newlyweds and for the first time in years, 12 Grimmauld place was a site of happiness and tranquility. Little did they know, it would not last very long.

_

hey!! just a couple of chaps left and we're done!!!

the next chap is called: will he live or nah?

let me know what you think in the comments and i'll reply to some of them and give it a vote if you think it was worthy.

lots of love,
arielle