44: The Battle

JUNE 18, 1996
Ministry of Magic

"THIS IS IT." HARRY says as they make their way into a dark hallway. Cass gulps nervously as she follows Harry, trying her best to ease her mind. She had a bad feeling about today. She didn't know why exactly, something just felt off about the entire thing. She had tried to stop Harry, but he had already made up his mind. The best thing she could do was join him, along with Hermione, Ron, Luna, Ginny, and Neville.

"Lumos." She whispered as they make their way inside. The light coming from her wand, slightly illuminating the dark space. Rows and rows of shelves filled the room, and places on top of these shelves were beautiful glass orbs, inside them were prophecies awaiting to be heard.

"23, 24, 25..." Harry counted as he made his way across the room, looking for one particular orb, his friends staying behind.

"He should be here." Harry said, confused and almost frustrated when he didn't find Sirius, like what he had seen in his vision.

"Something's off." Cass mumbled, loud enough for only Hermione to hear.

"What do you mean?"

Before Cass could answer, Neville called out Harry's name. Neville looked at one particular orb, stating that it had Harry's name on it. He approached it cautiously, staring at it for a few moments before reaching his arm out.

"Harry, don't." Cass warned, Hermione nodding in agreement.

Against this warning, Harry grabbed the orb:

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... "

Before any of the group could react, a masked figure appears. He walked slowly, almost tauntingly towards the group.

"Where's Sirius?" Harry asks.

"You should really know how to tell the difference between dreams..." The figure said, drawing out his wand.

Everyone in the group had their wands raised at this point.

"...and reality." The masked figure waves his want to reveal his identity: Lucius Malfoy.

"Why am I not surprised?" Cass said, rolling her eyes. "Of course someone like you would be a death eater."

Lucius smirked. "Someone like me? You really should learn how to bite your tongue, little girl. Just as audacious and frankly, foolishly daring as your parents."

"Thanks for the compliment." Cass fired back. "Now, where is my father?"

"Clearly, not here." Lucius taunted. "Come on, clever girl, I honestly thought you knew better than to come here. You too, Granger."

Cass stared at him blankly for a few moments, before everything started to fall in place. "Harry only saw what the dark lord wanted him to see, didn't he?"

Lucius didn't verbally reply, but only gave them a taunting smile.

"Oh, Merlin." Hermione whispered, shaking her head.

"I don't understand." Harry said, confused.

"It's a trap."

A high-pitched cackle echoed through the room, Cass wincing at the sound. The source of the sound walked forward to where Lucius was, revealing Bellatrix Lestange.