31: Happy

FEBRUARY 17, 1979
The Royal London Hospital, 9:30 pm

"OH MY MERLIN, I can't believe this is actually happening." Sirius said, frantically pacing back and forth down Arabella's room. He kept brushing his hair back, messing it up even more as he tried not to get blinded by the bright hospital lights. The day had finally come, Arabella was about to give birth.

Arabella chuckled from her hospital bed as she watched Sirius' disgruntled state. "Calm down, love. Last time I checked I was the one who is going to give birth, not you." She teased.

Sirius sighed and shook his head with a small smile on his face. He walked towards Arabella and took her hands in his. "I know, I just can't believe it. We're going to be parents."

"Honestly, I can't wait for him or her to come out. I want to get back into the action. I want to get back into dueling and fighting the good fight, you know." Arabella sighed. She couldn't stand staying in the sidelines anymore, she was getting bored. She missed dueling and fighting alongside Sirius and the other members of the order. 

"It's not as glamorous as it seems, love." Sirius joked. 

Arabella knew what he was talkng about. She ran her thumb over the scar on Sirius' face, sighing sadly. "The next time I see Malfoy, I'm going to make sure that he gets a scar much worse than the one he gave you."

"I knew you would." Sirius smiled, the skin around his eyes crinkling. "But hey, I'm still as attractive as when we were young so I guess it's alright."

"I don't agree with that." Arabella smirked, looking up at Sirius. 

Sirius gasped in shock, his hands placed on top of his chest in offense. "How could you say that?"

"I think you are becoming much more attractive as we grow older."

Sirius was about to reply when three people barged into the room. 

"Have ever heard of knocking?" Sirius asked, annoyed at the three.

"What are you doing here?" Arabella asked excitedly, sitting up on her bed with a large grin on her face.

"We wouldn't miss this for the world, Ara." James grinned, walking over to her and giving her a hug with Peter and Remus following him. 

"You even brought balloons." Arabella said, gesturing to the yellow balloons that Remus held in his hand.

"We didn't know what the gender was going to be so we just bought a pretty gender neutral color." Remus shrugged.

"I have a question though." Peter said, looking at Sirius and Arabella.

"Fire away."

"Why a muggle hospital?"

"We just figured that it would be safer. You know, with everything that's going on. I don't think it'd be nice if the Death Eaters knew when Belle would be giving birth." 

Before Peter could reply, a nurse went into the room giving Arabella a smile. "We should be getting you ready for labor."

__________

JAMES, PETER, and Remus waited in the hallway outside the delivery room. Remus sat in one of the chairs, biting his nails in anticipation. James paced back and forth, muttering the words "Uncle James" over and over again. Peter stood at a corner, quietly sipping on a cup of coffee.

Sirius appeared, coming out of the delivery room. He wore a scrub suit, a light layer of sweat on his forehead. A tired smile was on his face as he made his way to where the other three were waiting, his eyes had a light daze to them but anyone could clearly see how happy he was at that moment.

James, Peter, and Remus walked towards Sirius as soon as they saw him. "Well?" They asked at the same time.

"It's a girl!"

__________

JAMES HELD the newborn in his arms, Peter and Remus beside him cooing at the small child. 

"What did you name her?" Remus asked, looking at Sirius and Arabella expectantly.

"Cassiopeia Alessandra Black." Sirius said with a proud smile.

"Okay, while I'm disappointed that you two didn't name it after me, it's still a nice name. Kind of long though." James teased with a small smile.

"Well we are obviously not calling her Cassiopeia on a daily basis. We're thinking of just nicknaming Cass."

"Interesting name, you two. But why have you chosen that when it could have been, let's say, Remus?" Remus asked Sirius and Arabella with a laugh.

"Cassiopeia after a constellation and Alessandra after my mother." Arabella said with a small smile.

"That's sweet, Ara." Peter smiled.

__________

ARABELLA LOOKED at the three sleeping on the couch inside her hospital room. She was unsure of how the three were able to fit on the small couch but she was amazed nonetheless. 

"You do realize that we are going to have to name one of these idiots the godfather of our child." Arabella laughed, gesturing the three asleep to Sirius.

Sirius shook his head and laughed. "I wouldn't have it any other way, love."

"Neither do I."

___________

hey guys! hope you like this part. give it a vote if you think it was worthy and leave a comment if you feel like it. sorry it's a bit short though.

lots of love and i'll see ya when i see ya,
arielle