08: Breaking Tradition and Staging an Intervention

"I'M TELLING YOU GUYS she must've slipped something in his drink!" James said loudly, garnering some annoyed looks from the rest of the customers at The Three Broomsticks. 

"Oops sorry." James sheepishly said to the other customers looking at him as they went back to doing whatever they were doing before James had rudely interrupted.

"But really guys," James said quietly this time, "Padfoot has never acted like this before and I'm willing to bet everything I own that it's because of that Vanessa girl." 

"James, you sound insane." Arabella said laughing, shaking her head at him.

"Am I wrong though?" James questioned, "With his other girlfriends, Sirius always had time for us. No matter what. Don't you find it suspicious that with that Vanessa girl it's the opposite? I'm telling you she changed him." 

"Maybe he really loves her." Peter said, taking a sip of his butterbeer.

"I'm pretty sure he doesn't, Wormtail." James replied, "Something just seems really off about the way he acts with her. I just can't quite place a finger on it."

"I agree." Remus nodded, "However, I think we should do something about it."

"What do you suggest Remus?" Arabella asked him.

"I suggest an intervention." Remus replied, "I know that Ara has already talked to him about this, but I think it would have a greater effect if we all did, you know?"

James, Arabella, and Peter nodded.

"Besides," Remus continued, "he really has been acting out recently and as his friends we need to find out why. We need to hear his side as well."

"I agree, Moony. When do you suggest that we have this intervention?" James asked.

"The sooner, the better." Remus sighed.

"How about tonight?" Arabella suggested.

"Tonight it is then."

______

"SIRIUS, WE need to talk to you." James said sternly, leading him in to the common room where Remus, Arabella, and Peter were already sitting there waiting.

"Alright?" Sirius said, trailing off. "What's this about?" he asked once he's sat down.

"It's about Vanessa." James said seriously.

"What about her? She's great isn't she? We just had dinner earlier and she made me taste this really refreshing-" Sirius gushed which made Remus, James, Arabella, and Peter wince.

"Look, Padfoot," Remus sighed, "We know you really like her and all that but, lately you haven't been spending any time with us. Whenever we get the chance to talk to you or hang out with you, you're always whisked away to Vanessa-land."

"I appreciate you guys' concern," Sirius started "but Arabella and I have already talked about this and I'm honestly working on spending more time with-"

Ignoring the slight hurt that she felt when he had called her Arabella instead of Belle, she quietly said, "No you're not."

"Excuse me?"  Sirius asked, turning to look at her, his demeanour changing drastically. 

"I didn't say anything, don't worry about it." she muttered.

"No, you definitely did say something and I just want to make sure I misheard you." Sirius said standing up.

Feeling fed up with Sirius' attitude, she stood up as well, facing him she said, "I said, no you're not." 

"This is not how this was supposed to go." James said, shrinking down in his seat. Peter nodded,shifting in his place uncomfortably.

"No it is not." Remus said sighing and shaking his head.

"What?" Sirius asked, an irritated yet perplexed look plastered onto his features.

"You heard me." Arabella said, her voice held anger and irritation but was well controlled. "I said, no you're not working on spending time with us." she said, putting air quotes when she said 'working on spending time with us'. 

"How could you say-"

This made Arabella practically lose it, "How could I say that? Tell me Sirius, ever since our talk by the lake, have you done anything to spend more time with us? If anything you became more distant!" 

"Wasn't I just with you guys a few days ago, planing pranks in this very room?!"

"Yeah for like fifteen minutes then you left us again because you had to meet her. Oh and may I add that few of those fifteen minutes, you told us that you wouldn't be going to Hogsmeade with us. Fully knowing that we go to every trip together, bringing us to today where you broke tradition by not being with us. You didn't even say hi when you passed us by, you just let Vanessa drag you away." Arabella said, trying to keep her voice under control.

The rest of the Marauders were completely speechless. 

"What did you expect? she's my GIRLFRIEND"

"But would it kill you to spend time with your BEST FRIENDS." she said exasperatedly, emphasizing the words 'best friends'

"I wouldn't expect you to understand. You've never been in a relationship, haven't you Belle?"

Arabella just sighed, giving up on the night she just said to him, "I don't think I can talk to you right now."

"Same."

Arabella and Sirius headed in different directions to their dorm rooms. The rest of their friends just stared speechless and dumbfounded at what had just happened. It was truly not what they had expected.

_____

hey guys!! i know i said this chap would be a marauders at hogsmeade but it turned into an intervention chapter and im sorry:( anyways, soooo that just happened, what do you think? let me know what you think of the story so far in the comments and give this part a vote if u think it's worthy of one.

lots of love and i'll see ya when i see ya,

-arielle