24: Burning Couches

"WE JUST SAW HIM in the halls. He must've slipped on something." Peter Pettigrew explained to a very flustered school nurse. Remus and James carried the unconscious body of Stephen Jones and laid him down one of the available beds in the infirmary.

"Oh my! Thank you for bringing him up here boys. I'll take care of him." Madame Pomfrey said, shooing the boys towards the exit.

"I wonder what happened with Sirius and Ara?" Peter asked as they made their way back to the Gryffindor common room.

"I have no idea, let's just hope their not at each other's throats again. I hate it when they fight." Remus sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose in stress.

"I agree, and when they fight they are one step further from being together. I don't think I can handle anymore of their 'will they or won't they'. The two of them are the cause of most of my stress now." James said, shaking his head.

Remus muttered the password and the three of them entered the Gryffindor common room. Absolutely nothing prepared them for the sight they were about to see.

In one of the couches, there was Sirius Black and Arabella Arroway were at each other's throats. But not in the fighting way. Remus choked on his own saliva in shock, Peter gasped loudly and James just yelled.

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF MERLIN!" James yelled, startling the two causing them to move away from each other.

"Surprise?" Sirius said, smiling sheepishly at James.

"OH MY, WOW. WHAT. FINALLY. THIS IS WOW I CAN'T-" James yelled out before eventually fainting. Sirius and Arabella had to stop themselves from laughing a little too hard at James' reaction.

"James' overreaction aside," Remus said, chuckling at the sight of James sprawled out on the floor. "I'm glad you guys are finally together."

"Thanks Moony." Sirius said smiling, placing an arm around Arabella's shoulders. "I'm glad we are too."

James regained his consciousness and stood up. "You two will be the death of me, I swear to Merlin." he muttered, taking a seat in between the two and rubbed his head.

"Frankly, I don't think I can erase the image of you two making out. I'm pretty sure it's imprinted in my brain now forever." Peter said, speaking up.

"I agree. I don't think I could look at that couch the same way ever again." James said, fake shivering causing the five of them to laugh.

"Let's burn it." Remus said nonchalantly.

"Can we?" Peter asked in genuine curiosity.

"Frankly, I don't know how we could achieve such a thing." Arabella said shrugging.

"Anything is possible, Wormtail. I mean look at these two," James said, gesturing towards Sirius and Arabella. "When we were younger, we never thought that these two would end up together. We even joked that Arabella was going to be the best man at Sirius' wedding."

"And now she gets to be the bride." Sirius said, winking at Arabella.

"Woah. Slow down there, Loverboy." Arabella said, smirking at a Sirius. "Take me out on a date first."

"Gross." James said, fake puking and pretended to be really grossed out by the two.

"Shut up. You love it, Prongs." Sirius said, nudging James.

"What can I say, I'm a sucker for love." James admitted, grinning. "All that's left now is to find Remus and Peter some love and for me to end up with Evans."

All Remus could do was laugh. "Good luck with that James."

______

just a short little filler chap before the last part of act 2. then we get a huge timeskip in act 3 bc it will be wizarding war 1 - harry potter: order of the phoenix *wink wink*

hope u like this one. pls let me know what you think and give it a vote if you think it was worthy

lots of love and ill see ya when i see ya,
arielle