19: Fucking Finally

"SO MANY THINGS HAVE happened recently that I almost forgot tests were a thing we had to worry about." James said, trying his best to memorize as many facts about Herbology as he can.

"I know. We also have O.W.L.s this year and I'm not looking forward to any of it. A two week exam? No thanks." Arabella said, writing her Potions essay.

"I'm just surprised none of us has failed yet. You know, given all that's happened to us we hadn't really had the time to study." Sirius said, trying to copy Arabella's essay but she noticed what he was doing and moved away from him.

"I'm just glad we're all friends again." Peter said, sighing happily as he finished a star chart for Astronomy.

"That's sweet Peter." Arabella smiled, finishing her essay.

"Belle can I-"

"No, Sirius. You cannot copy my essay." Arabella said, rolling her eyes at him and shaking her head.

They weren't the only ones in the Gryffindor common room in a rush to finish a requirement for a particular subject. In fact, the entire room was filled with students cramming and revising notes and finishing requirements. They were already a couple of weeks into March, meaning they only had a couple of months until they had their O.W.L.S and every student was exhausting all efforts in preparing for them and teachers were more than willing to help them; giving them tons of homework and tests.

"I'm done with this! I need to take a break." Arabella said, practically throwing her quill across the room.

"Where are you going?" Remus asked, noticing Arabella packing her things and putting them back in her bag and beginning to leave.

"A walk around campus, I need to clear my head. I've done most of the homework anyways." Arabella said.

"Don't leave, I won't get to see your beautiful face." Sirius said, winking at Arabella.

Arabella rolled her eyes in response but she was suppressing a smile. "Sirius if you wanted to see a pretty face, all you had to do was look in the mirror."

Sirius was about to laugh when he just processed what Arabella said. "Did you just call me pretty? Wait, Belle did you just flirt with me?"

Arabella merely shrugged, a smirk on her features. "I'm going now."

"WOAH WOAH HOLD ON WAIT. WE NEED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THIS." Sirius said, flustered. His cheeks slowly becoming red.

"There's nothing to acknowledge." She said nonchalantly, turning to leave.

"Wait! Before you go, I need to ask you something." Sirius asked, standing up and walking over to where Arabella was so that he was in front of her.

"Oh my Merlin. It's happening." James whispered to Remus, stopping his memorizing in order to watch the scene unfold.

"Where's the necklace I gave you for Christmas?"

"Oh." Arabella said, sounding somewhat disappointed.

"WAIT YOU GAVE HER A NECKLACE?" James yelled, causing the entire common room to stop what they were doing and look at him in annoyance. "Sorry." James said, a sheepish smile on his face "You can continue what you were doing."

"He gave her a necklace?" James repeated, but this time in a whisper to Remus, who shrugged and is just as confused as James. Arabella and Sirius didn't seem to notice this exchange.