21: Very Smooth, Loverboy

"WHERE'S THE BOOK I asked you to get?" Arabella asked upon seeing James and Sirius enter the common room.

"Oh, it wasn't available. Someone must've borrowed or taken it out already." James said nonchalantly, taking a seat next to Remus.

"Really?" Arabella asked in a suspicious tone, her eyebrows raised. She looked at Sirius who sat next to her.

"Okay fine. We forgot the title of the book." Sirius confessed, rubbing the back of his neck as he looked at Arabella with a sheepish smile on his face.

"Then why did you guys take so long to get back?" Remus asked James and Sirius, his eyebrows slightly furrowed in confusion.

Sirius looked at James with panicked look on his face which Remus noticed but chose to ignore in the moment, he'd ask Sirius about it later.

"We really tried to remember and look for it. That's why we took so long." James thought quickly which made Sirius sigh in relief. Arabella nodded, believing James.

"Sorry, if it was really important for us to get it Ara." James apologized, a small smile on his face.

"Oh, it's fine." Arabella shrugged. "We didn't actually need it."

"What?" James asked in shock, standing up from where he was sitting. "Then why did you ask us to get it?"

"We just wanted a reason to get you guys out of the common room. You two were making so much noise that Ara and I couldn't teach Peter properly and he couldn't focus." Remus explained nonchalantly, shrugging his shoulders in the process.

"Thanks a lot." James huffed, crossing his arms as he slumped back down in his seat. "You guys are so mean."

"At least I can understand Astronomy a tad bit better now. Remus and Ara had to deal with a very frustrated me so it wasn't all that easy for them too." Peter said sadly.

"It's alright Peter. I'm glad I could help." Arabella smiled and Remus nodded along, agreeing with her.

James suddenly felt like a light bulb lit up in his head as he thought of something.

"Sure you Remus and Ara had to deal with a frustrated Peter," James said, a mischievous look on his face and a playful tone in his voice. "But it's nothing compared to a frustrated Sirius."

"What are you talking about Prongs?" Sirius asked, putting on a fake happy tone, trying to mask the anger and annoyance. James didn't seem to pick this up as he continued speaking.

"You should've heard him while we were in the library, Ara." James laughed, ignoring the death-like glare that Sirius was giving him.

"Belle is really pretty, you ever noticed that Prongs? Her eyes just sparkle. I don't know why I've never noticed it before. Ugh, it's so weird that I feel this way towards my best friend. Don't even get me started on her-" James said, trying to imitate Sirius to the best of his ability.

"I did not say that!" Sirius protested, cutting James off.

"Oh! He totally did Ara! Trust me." James smirked. "You know what if I didn't know any better, I'd say he liked you!"

Sirius groaned and sighed, "Please don't tell me you actually believe him Belle."

Arabella's face was red partly from laughing too hard at James' impression of Sirius and partly because of the idea that Sirius had actually said those things about her.