6

I was eating my sandwich when my phone rang.

I looked at the contact and saw that it was Fury, "Hello?"

On the other end I could hear him shifting, "I need you to come in we have a mission for you and the other Avengers, get to conference room D,".

I was a little worried at why he would be calling all of us to a meeting, "Yes sir, I'm on my way,".

He hung up on me so I sheepishly held up my phone to Ashlyn, "I've gotta go Ashlyn, work is calling."

I got up and handed her a couple more sandwiches and started to head off to the Avengers Tower Conference Room.
.
.
.
As soon as I opened the door, "Glad to see you decided to join us Rogers," Fury told me.

Everyone else, including Tony were already there.

"Being late is my thing Capsicle," Tony whined.

I looked at Fury, "Sorry sir, I was across town,".

Bucky narrowed his eyes at me, but didn't say anything.

I took a seat beside him, I could feel his hand slip into mine under the table.

Fury took out a remote and pressed a button, causing a screen to turn on revealing a photo of, Ashlyn?

"I need you to track down this mutant, she has the ability to transform herself into a, seemingly uncontrollable, wolf. I have sightings of her here in New York, but no official locations,".

My confusion was a bit evident.

Fury noticed, "Is there something you'd like to share with the class captain?"

I swallowed, "Why are you asking us to capture Ashlyn? What do you plan to do with her?"

Fury raised an eyebrow, "She's dangerous Rogers, she needs to be off the streets, and I'd like to recruit her. I'm going to take it that you know where she is,".

I nodded, "I do, I know where she is, I was with her when you called me. She's not dangerous,".

Fury thought for a moment, "Tell you what Cap, you can go get her your way, with the team, and bring her here. You seem to 'know' her better than we do with our files,".

I nodded, "Thank you sir,".

He took one last glance around the room, "Dismissed," and left the room to return to his office.

Everyone was looking at me: Bucky, Clint, Natasha, Bruce, Thor, Loki, Tony, Sam, Wanda, and Pietro.

"What are we waiting for? Let's go."