19

After the hours of anxious waiting, Tony informed me that it was finally complete.

He had taken me to a hospital and told them the ordeal, paid for it, gave them the device, and told them what needed to be done.

They obliged and now I was being put under anesthesia and prepping for surgery.

We had told the team that we were going out for lunch and shopping so they wouldn't be suspicious.

I gave Tony a list of things to buy that I felt like I needed on my floor to sell the whole 'we went shopping' ordeal.

We told Steve though, he already knew I was deaf. He really appreciated that Tony was helping me.

Those were my last thoughts before I went under.
.
.
.
My eyes fluttered open and it was dark now, we had told the team we'd be back a little after dark would be the latest.

Tony was sitting there on my bed with a huge grin on his face as my vision focused on him, "How ya feelin' shorty?" Flooded my ears.

It worked and I could hear!

A huge smile spread across my face and I started to cry.

His grin seemed to get wider, knowing it was successful.

Then I noticed that I was in my room, he must've noticed the confusion, "It was getting late so I drove us back and carried you up. I told the team you fell asleep in the car. I bought the stuff from that list you gave me and brought it up, it's all in your living room. If you're feeling fine, I'll be going. It's late and the doc said you should be fine. You don't have any stitches that you should be cautious of, all they had to do was make an incision in both of your ear canals and put it there. The little device does the rest on its own," he informed.

He stood up, but before he closed the door all the way, "I forgot you haven't met JARVIS yet, say hi JARVIS,".

I tilted my head a little confused until I heard an accented voice say, "Hello Miss Brooks,".

Tony told me, "He runs the tower, if you need anything ask him," Tony added before the doors closed.

I nodded before going to see Nico.

I opened the door and found him sleeping in his pool. I didn't have the heart to wake him up, so I went to the living room and saw all the bags of things I asked Tony to buy.

It was pretty much a ton of books, movies, TV shows, a computer with games and printer, a nice computer desk, good speakers for the computer that I could also hook up to a phone (Tony said he was planning on buying one for me), and some nice picture frames to hang on the wall.

"Hey JARVIS?"

Barely a moment later I heard, "Yes miss Brooks?"

I had a small smile on my face, "After I had that panic attack the other day, there was a group hug with the team. Could you print me a picture of that?"

"Plug in the printer and I'll have it out in a moment Miss Brooks,".

My smile grew as I plugged in the printer, quickly putting in some picture paper.

Within moments, the printer whirred to life and a really good picture of the entire team in a group hug with me popped out.

I grabbed the picture and put it in a frame and hung it up on the wall,

"Thanks JARVIS,"

"Anytime miss."