23

They tried to follow me, I expected it.

They were pitifully outmatched by my stamina and speed and lagged behind. The blue line didn't appear, much to my pleasure.

I didn't stop running until I found a lake. I couldn't run anymore.

My legs were getting stiff and my muscles ached with lack of oxygen.

I was tired and lapped at the water, it tasted clean and untouched by the monstrosity called a human.

I looked up and around hearing silence, I didn't smell anything that could pose a threat, so I assumed it was me that had scared everything off.

A drop of water fell onto my nose, I glanced up to see dark clouds setting in over head, it was going to rain.

I found a rock overhang that looked like it would shield my body from the rain and there I laid down and let sleep overcome me.
.
.
.
My eyes opened and I looked up to see... rock? How did I get here? Where was I?

I looked down and saw my bare body. Oh, I let her free. Guilt started to gnaw at me thinking about what I must've done to those poor people, had I injured anyone innocent?

I heard a stick snap in the distance, it wasn't too far off.

I brought my knees to my chest and covered as much of me as I could when I heard, "Ashlyn! Where are you?" Being yelled in the distance.

I was relieved to hear that it was the familiar voice of Tony.

"Tony!" I yelled back.

I could hear his suits repulsors flying in my direction, his suit landed on the ground with a thud as he looked up from his kneeling position.

I curled myself up tighter.

"So you do that when you transform too? Happens to Bruce too, you're lucky I thought about it," he said as he tossed a bag at me before turning around.

I opened it and threw on a shirt and some shorts on, tossing the empty bag on my shoulder. I walked up to Tony, "What did I do? Did I hurt anyone?"

He turned back around and wrapped and gave me a pair of goggles, which I put on before he wrapped arm around my waist, taking off again.

"You kicked those HYDRA guys asses and I need to rebuild Bucky's prosthetic arm because your other half decided it was a chew toy,".

I went silent and felt guilt start to consume me, I was silent for the rest of the ride as we flew back to the tower.

It took about half an hour with Tony flying.

When we landed back into Tony's workshop, "JARVIS, tell the everyone I found her and she's here safe and sound," Tony ordered.

A 'yes sir' sounded from the ceiling as I left the room quietly.

I could feel myself fixing to breakdown so I headed straight to the elevator to go to my floor.

When the doors opened, no one was there, much to my pleasure.

I went straight to my room and flopped myself onto my bed. I crawled under one of my many comforters and curled up, hugging my pillow as I started to cry.

I hurt Bucky and I wasn't going to forgive myself anytime soon.