30

A few days had passed and finally we were standing before the entrance to Yellowstone.

She ran through the border, careful to remain unseen by any human and into the wide open plains of Yellowstone's spring weather.

She searched around the miles of open area before selecting a place to claim as her own.

Game was plenty and competition could be easily handled.

After days of living here, she lapped at the water in a stream.

There were careful steps, too careful and heavy to be an animal, she looked up with a growl.

A ranger of the park stepped out, a few quiet clicks of a camera sounded behind him.

On his back was a rifle, though he showed no signs of intending to use it.

He seemed shocked by her immense size, but then again, who wouldn't be?

She growled and he seemed to snap out of his awestruck state.

He didn't dare turn his back to her. He walked back to wherever he came.

She let him go, she didn't want anyone trying to hunt her down to avenge him.

She growled again and silently, without their knowledge, followed them to the border of her territory.

She watched as the got back onto a road and into a jeep, driving back to the entrance of the park.

Little did she know that they had taken pictures of her and they were going to make her known to both the park and unwanted enemies.