8

I was rudely shaken awake, but it wasn't Steve and I could tell that I was no longer in the car.

I shot up in an upright position, trying to ignore the pain that flared in my body as I started looking around.

Nico was still on my arm and I felt his body vibrate as he hissed.

I blinked a few times and my vision cleared, revealing a startled Tony.

Steve walked back in the room, "Don't wake her up like that Tony," he scolded.

Tony shrugged his shoulders a bit before leaving the room.

It was an interrogation room I guessed because of the table and the one way glass.

A couple cameras were in the room as well.

Steve tapped my shoulder, "Can you sit down? My boss will be here in a few minutes to ask you some questions okay? When you're done I'll take you to the infirmary,".

I nodded and looked around the room as he placed me in one of the two chairs in the room before leaving.

He closed the door behind him.

I waited patiently, I realized the air was a bit too cold for Nico.

I felt him move and spared a glance as he slowly disappeared down the sleeve of my shirt.

The door opened just as Nico's tail disappeared, revealing a bald man with an eyepatch.

I liked his trench coat more though.

He sat down and looked at me, "What's your name?"

I blinked, "Ashlyn Brooks, but I'm sure you already knew that,".

His facial expression didn't change, "Why have you been staying in Central Park the past few weeks?"

My facial expression faltered a bit, slightly offended, "Because I live there and I have lived there for the past few years,".

He leaned forward on the table, clasping his hands together on the table and resting on his elbows, "I know about your 'ability' Ashlyn, so stop acting so innocent,".

I looked at him, "I may have an ability to do something you can't, but that doesn't mean I hurt people. I'm not like that,". I took extra care to make sure that my voice was calm and did my best to hide my slur.

He stared at me for a few moments before he turned and left the room.

I sighed and felt Nico poke his head from the top of my shirt.

I looked down at him as best I could and scratched beneath his jaw gently.

I looked up as the door opened again revealing Steve, Bucky, and Bruce.