18

After a few days, Nico's room looked pretty cool and, courtesy of Tony, I had a bunch of clothes in my closet.

Tony had someone repaint the walls, door, and ceiling to look like a nice rainforest.

I had also changed the light bulbs to be a bit dimmer, so it looked more natural.

Tony had taken offense at the cheap, plastic kiddy pool, and had insisted on building one in.

The new pool was the same material as the floor, but now it was slanted upward so Nico didn't have to stress about it.

I drilled wooden ramps and shelves all along the walls going to the window. Heat lamps were clamped along a few of the shelves in case he wanted to bask.

I even put in a little dog door for Nico to enter and exit the room as he pleased.

I was very satisfied with what I had done with the room, but unfortunately the team didn't know that I had left the tower again or that Tony had given me a credit card too.

I left Nico's room and laid down on the couch, I was going to take a nap, but that didn't happen because Tony was on my floor, jumping on the couch.

I glared at him when he finally jumped off the couch, "What?"

He threw his arms up and said, "I figured it out, I know how to make you hear and you won't need a hearing aid in your ear,"

I could feel my facial expression turn to one of complete shock.

I launched myself onto him, this time he was expecting the embrace and gladly returned it.

When we pulled away he said, "I should be done building it all by tomorrow then you can get it surgically implanted so you won't have to wear a hearing aid and the team won't have to know."

I smiled and he started running back to the elevator and I watched him go.

When the doors closed, I felt tears start to fall down my face. I was so happy I was crying, that had never happened before.

I looked at the shelf that had the Xbox and games that were still in a bag.

I had been saving them until I could hear and I was planning on it staying that way.