17

He didn't say anything for a few moments in favor of staring at me.

"You're deaf?" He finally asked, not believing what I'd told him.

"Yeah, you know like can't hear,".

He ran a hand through his hair, "I made Clint some hearing aids but he has twenty percent of his hearing. I'm not sure if I can fix a hundred percent, but I'll see what I can do,".

I jumped from my spot and hugged him, he staggered back before returning the embrace.

His chest vibrated, telling me he was laughing a bit.

"I'm not completely deaf, but it has to be really loud for me to actually hear it," I informed him as smile worked its way onto my face.

I let go and said, "Could you not tell the team though? I don't really want them to know..."

He nodded and turned back to his work.

I left the room and went back to the elevator, going back to my floor. That was such a strange thought, my floor.

When the doors opened, no one was there, but all the bags were.

Nico was sprawled out on the top of the couch.

I walked around and sat on the couch, picking up a few bags and looking at the contents.

I got up and went to the bathroom closest to the room I picked as mine.

I started to rip open packages and place everything where it belonged.

Once I finished with the necessities, I left the room and started going through other bags.

The Xbox and games were the next bag I opened. I just placed the bags on the shelves by the TV.

I grabbed the Petco bags, going to the spare room, which I now declare Nico's room.

I put the litter-box in the far corner and dumped the bedding I bought into the box, spreading it around. I put the leftover bedding into the closet.

I grabbed the lamps and plugged one in, clamping it onto one of the shelves before turning it on.

The white light shined brightly as it started to warm the cool surface.

As I left the room to grab Nico, I noticed there was a thermostat on the wall.

I noticed there was a thermostat. Could I adjust the temperatures in each room? That was awesome.

I cranked it up to seventy-four degrees Fahrenheit before leaving the room to grab Nico.

He wasted no time in wrapping himself around my arm.

I went to the spare room and held him up to the warmed up shelf.

He gladly slithered on up and curled up.

I put the pool in the center of the room, which had hard smooth wooden textured laminate floor. I hoped it was waterproof.

I started to slowly but surely fill the small pool with water from a pitcher I found in the kitchen.

When I finished, I was satisfied with my work in progress, key words being 'work in progress'.